A wedding surprise

It was Saturday. Emily and Dylan's wedding was in just a few hours and so far the bride was surprisingly relaxed which was kind of strange considering how much of a full on bridezilla she'd been for the last few weeks.

"I can't believe I finally get to marry Dylan today. I'm so excited" Emily squealed bouncing in her chair as the makeup artist worked on her natural glam look.

Emily's dark brown hair has been curled then meticulously pinned up leaving tendrils loose framing her face. She looked so beautiful even though she hadn't even got the dress on yet.

Dylan was going to have a heart attack when he laid his eyes on her. I knew one thing for sure, they wouldn't be making a long appearance at the reception.

Dylan was a Barrett after all and like his older brothers he was a bit of a sex god according to the very detailed tales Emily has been over sharing since she woke up this morning.

"Dylan is a lucky man, you look gorgeous" I smiled brightly as a nervous energy flowed through my body.

"Do you think he is okay? He is coming right? He won't stand me up?" A sudden panic made Emily wide eyed as she thought of the worse case scenarios.

"He will be here. He adores you" Miley rolled her eyes as she was adjusting her hair in the mirror.

"He is your best friend Madison. Could you go check things are ok with him?" Emily requested with a concerned tone.

"Yeh of course" that worked out perfectly because Dylan was going to be my first stop anyway.

"Of course I will" I topped up Emily's glass and assured her before clutching my phone to my chest.

As maid of honour I had been plying her with champagne as she was getting ready so maybe that was helping chill her out but whatever it was Miley and I were grateful for a reprieve from her bossiness

"Thank you so much you are such a good friend" Emily took my hand and squeezed it softly before taking her glass and relaxing back in the chair.

"Anything for you Em" I gave her a smile to let her know I meant my words before gazing down at my phone.

I had been ready a while and I was frantically checking my phone every two minutes waiting on an important text from Grayson.

I made my way through the winding corridors of the old Manor House where the wedding was to take place over to the other side of the building where the groom and his party were getting ready.

📱Gray❤️
We are here. Just coming upstairs 😘

📱 I'm outside Dylan's room. I'll wait here. 😘

I paced the hallway clenching my hands together and letting them go over and over as the realisation hit me and my nervous energy began to turn to a more excited one.