Emotions

Mads pov

Grayson insisted that I just relax and enjoy the time with the family and that he had everything else under control. So I decided to stop trying to question him and just go with the flow. We were all sat by the fireplace in one of the huge lounges of Theo's house drinking hot chocolates as the kids all hung their stockings up over the massive fire place.

There was nothing that hadn't been arranged. All the gifts had been shipped over, the kids all had the cutest matching pyjamas thanks to my mum and sister and they looked too adorable for words.

It actually felt nice to just chill out and leave every detail to someone else.

Perhaps it was because I was pregnant and tired but I was more than happy to just sip my hot chocolate and eat all the yummy food I could get my hands on.

Theo had a set of staff that he'd paid extra to stay over the holidays and pamper us in the world of luxury. I could get accustomed to this, there was no rushing around juggling ten things at a time, just endless relaxation.

Miley, Layla and I rounded up the kids and after they'd kissed everyone goodnight we led them up to their bedrooms and made sure they brushed their teeth and went to the toilet. They were staying in a biggest room I'd ever seen and it had two single beds for Willow and Max and then Gracie was in an adult bed with Harlow then the twins were in a king size bed with Oliver. We gathered on the bed with twins and Oliver and all cuddled up together as Miley read them 'the night before Christmas' to them just like our dad had read to us every Christmas Eve that I could remember and we talked about what gifts they hoped Santa was going to bring them.

"Aunty Miley" Gracie called out taking Mileys hand in her much smaller one.

"Yes poppet" Miley smiled at my daughter and kissed her hand.

"If I had died would I be an angel?" Gracie mused with those big, curious blue eyes of hers. A lump formed in my throat at the mere thought of losing my baby girl and I squeezed my eyes shut to prevent any tears from escaping. But my sister was much calmer than me and she lifted Gracie into her lap and cuddled her tightly.

"Gracie you are already an angel. A very precious gorgeous angel" Miley assured her firmly kissing her cheek and nodding over at me to let me know she was handling it.

"Gorgeous Gracie" She giggled out the nickname Hunter has given her at the hospital when he'd told her that all fighters had nicknames and as she had to be a fighter too, she needed one. She's beamed brightly up at him like he was the most amazing person on the planet before she'd wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed all over his face.

I wiped a stray tear from my cheek and climbed off of the bed excusing myself and I went out into the hallway barely able to hold in my anger any longer.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and began to text out furiously letting my feelings seep into the text message I sent. It felt good to express my honest opinion and I didn't care if it offended anyone.

📱 Hunter
Everyone else is here... but you. There's no fucking excuse in the world for why you couldn't be here for Gracie. Apart from being a coward. Merry Xmas.

"Hey baby you okay? Kids go down alright?" Grayson was heading my way and I tried to stop my hands from shaking from the overload of feelings courting through my veins.

"I'm fine" my voice came out alittle too shaky for it to sound truthful. Shit.

"No you aren't fine. You are shaking and it looks like you've been crying or you are about to. Talk to me, I can't help unless I know what's going on" Grayson took my hands in his and held me steady grounding me like he always did.