CHAPTER 9: The Devoted Wife

*Act with kindness, but do not expect gratitude. Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see*

******************************

Aaliyah:

"Murderer! murderer! Wake up"

I woke up this morning to the raging sound of Ammars voice calling me a murderer, I opened my eyes and found him sitting in his wheel chair by the dresser watching me.

A winning smile spread across his face, and if I weren't so rightly irritated, I would have stoped to appreciate just how handsome he looks.

Yes, I am the reason he lost his girl he wasn't lying. But Poison words aren't the only way to tell the truth. The truth could still be the truth without brutal.

He rolled his wheel chair to the window and pulled up the curtains, exposing us to the sunlight peeking through the windows.

With furrowed eyebrows and face in his everlasting serious look, he looked at me and said "Get dressed and meet me in ten at the dinning table".

Today, I had a very good look at Ammar. Though Seeing him in a wheelchair makes me feel even more guilty for running him over. All I could think of is how to make his life better and easier right now.

Ammar is make model level attractive, the kind of guy who would grace the cover of a GQ magazine and not look out of place.

His washboard abs were perfectly defined, and he is a bit more puff than I initially imagined.

When he took off the towel he draped around his shoulders, my jaw dropped and I struggled so hard not to drool over him. I'm sure that I would have soaked the sheets in my saliva left to my stupid brain and mouth

his perfectly toned muscles were lightly misted with water from the shower he took earlier. There were water droplets caught in his dark eyelashes that sparkles in the sunlight framing his dark brown eyes. Overall, he made me want to melt.

I couldn't take my eyes off the bad boy tattoo on his left arm, I think I have a crush on him

He quickly put on the shirt he was holding and hurriedly left the room after giving me a warning "one minute late, and you'll regret it"

This is the first time I'm seeing him since the day I first set foot in his house, And that's like two weeks ago. I forgot he even lives here, I'm used to living all alone in the damn house.

I shook off the thoughts of him, had a quick shower and got ready. I wore my pink floral gown and headed to the dining room where I met him already seated reading a newspaper and I took my seat next to him

"Good morning emmmm..... " I stammered,

I didn't know what to call Ammar, I've never called out his name loud

I don't want to give him a pet name just yet because I'm sure he'd think I'm stupid, and I also don't want to call him by his name because he might take it as a sign of disrespect

"I do have a name you know" he said

"Sorry" I replied, looking down at my feet.

"You're cooking today, and you're also doing all the house chores. I gave Walter the butler a few days off. Though, I owe you no explanation because it's not my responsibility to find you a help"

"Besides, You cooking for me is like fulfilling an obligation, your marital obligation. And I'm making you do the house chores because I have that right over you, and of course It's your responsibility.

So, Move along dummy, get to work" Ammar said as he went back to reading his morning paper.

I stood up and hastily made my way to the kitchen, I grabbed an apron and got to work. It took me a while, but I did a job well done.

"What do you want to start with?" I asked Ammar once I finish setting the food on the table.

"Your head, dummy" he replied

"Pardon?"

"What a stupid question, figure it out and don't take forever" he spat out in utter disgust

I quickly poured him a cup of coffee, then I grabbed a plate and served him a toast, a piece of grilled chicken and some chips.

I was trying to grab a napkin and spread it on his laps before he starts eating when I tripped.

I fall backwards, crashing straight into his laps. His hands quickly grabbed my waist and I gasp at the contact. Glancing down slowly, I see the sexiest pair of hands I have ever laid eyes on. And his long fingers tightly grip my hips.

If I didn't know he was disabled, I could have sworn I felt him react to the contact

I quickly stand up and spun "Oh shit' I gasp seeing a small smile at the corner of his perfect mouth, full and punk with a predominant slit running down the middle of the bottom lip. His lip parted out and slowly licks it. "Whoah, I want those lips on me".

Could you be a little less clumsy? He asked fixing his dark brown eyes on me.

"I'm sorry, It wasn't on purpose" I replied, while trying to ignore the subtle increase in my pulse when our eyes met.

Whatever! So, What are you waiting for? He asked

Huh? I said, clueless

"Feed me" he instructed me

"Alright"

I carried the spoon immediately and started feeding him.

"stop stop stop" he yelled, after three mouth fulls.

"The food tastes like shit"

"Has anyone not taught you how to cook a decent meal?"

"Find someone to teach you how to cook, or go to a culinary school, at least that's what decent women that care about their marriage and husbands do. But of course you're not decent"

Ammar then threw the whole plate on the floor. It broke and all it's content scattered on the floor.

Walter! I quickly called out. But before I realize we are alone in the house, a voice interrupted me.

"Are you feeling too big to clean your husband's mess? Someone has to come and do your job for you huh? " Ammar questioned me.

"No"

"Well, Walter is not around. I guess you're gonna have to it yourself"  he said with a loud bold unguarded laugh

I quickly grabbed a napkin and got to work, For I am willing to take care of my husband with Devine passion and absolute devotion.

***************************

Hey Lovelies ❤️
Hope you're enjoying the story!
Thanks For Reading 🙏
Don't Forget To Vote, Share & Comment 😘
Love You All 😘