Chapter |26| I Thought We Were Going To...

My eyes immediately met his and I blushed under his intense stare

My eyes immediately met his and I blushed under his intense stare. He looked dashing in his classic black and white tux, with a single rose tucked into his upper pocket.

I was grinning so much, I was afraid I looked like an idiot, but none of that mattered right now. Only him.

Our eyes never strayed from each other's as I walked down the aisle. I was so nervous, I was practically shaking, but the reassuring smile he gave me helped calm my nerves.

"Take care of my little girl, or else." My dad whispered to Ryder with a menacing glare, and Ryder gave him a curt nod to let him know he would.

My dad gave me a small peck on the cheek, before passing me over to Ryder. He grabbed ahold of my hand, and I passed my bouquet of flowers over to Kira, to hold the other as well.

The priest began the ceremony, but I completely blocked him out until it got to the I do part. You look beautiful, Ryder mouthed to me, making my grin widen even more.

"I do." Ryder announced proudly, sliding on my wedding ring. It was even more beautiful than the last. There was an emerald green jewel in the centre and the band was silver with small diamonds encrusted all over.

"I do." I briefly turned to take the ring off Kira and then slipped it onto his finger. He grabbed my hand even tighter and brought it up to his mouth to kiss.

"And by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Ryder took a step forward and grabbed my waist, before dipping me.

I placed one hand on his shoulder as his lips hovered over mine. He softly pressed his lips against mine and slowly, but passionately kissed me. I moaned when his tongue decided to make an entrance, but the whole thing was over too quickly when he brought me back up. I wanted more but then I blushed realising everyone was watching us.

"Everyone thank you for coming and we'll see you at the reception." Ryder swooped me up into his arms and began carrying me out to the church. I thought he was going to head towards the limo parked out front but instead he turned right.

"Ryder where are we going?" He looked down and pressed another soft kiss on my lips.

"I want to show you something." He set down in front of a grave stone that read Laura Romano, loving mother and daughter.

"He didn't want wife carved on it. Apparently taking her own life immediately meant that she wasn't his wife and didn't deserve the title. I'm glad though. She was defined by what she was. I wish she could have been here. She always told me stories of true love that made me want it so bad. She would have loved you. You're so sweet and caring, you'd do anything for the people you love, even if that meant marrying a complete stranger and sacrificing your freedom. You're perfect. A perfect angel, something I don't deserve." He looked away from me as if ashamed, so I grabbed ahold of his jaw, to make him face me.