Chapter |31| Late Night Break Ins

After quickly tidying up the mess we made outside, I rushed around the house and started to clean

After quickly tidying up the mess we made outside, I rushed around the house and started to clean. The house was a complete mess, clothes were thrown everywhere, food all over the floor, it seriously looked like a pigsty.

To my surprise, Ryder even chipped in and didn't even try to seduce me once. Not that he needs to. All it takes is one longing look from him and I'll jump him right there and then.

"Baby, I've done in the kitchen and the bathroom. I'll quickly tidy our room okay?" I nodded and gave me a quick kiss to express my gratitude, before tackling the living room, which was by far the messiest room.

After the house was now spotless, I decided to have yet another quick shower and then get ready for the evening. I blow dry my hair and then curl each strand. I do a brush through, just to make them look more natural, and go onto my make up.

I still have a lot of time so I decided to make my make-up a little heavier for tonight. I go in with a layer of foundation and do my usual highlighter, powder and blush. For my eyes, I put some basic red eyeshadow on and then go over it with a darker shade, before adding some glitter and a little white eyeshadow in the corner of my eye. I paint my lips rouge and apply a thick layer of black mascara.

Make-up done, now onto the outfit. I decide to go with a dress that I know Ryder won't approve of, but it matches my makeup perfectly so who cares.

It's a tight fitted, bright red dress that shows quite a lot of cleavage and stops mid thigh. There are two cuts in the dress at my stomach and it had long sleeves, which I'm sure will be Ryder's favourite part of the dress. I grab a pair of black stilettos but just hold them in my hand, since there's no point in wearing them until Maddox comes over.

I'm not sure how tonight is gonna go. Their first meeting was clearly a hostile one and I can already sense that Ryder isn't too pleased about our company tonight. Maddox will be the exact same.

It's weird. Despite their dislike for one another, they're practically the same person. They both have jealous, overprotective personalities and very big egos.

When we were children Maddox used to never let me play with another boy or anyone else for that fact. He would scare away any boy interested in me and not let me out of his sight for a minute. Even though we were always just friends, I did feel like we would end up together.

We those classic cliche pair of best friends that everyone shipped. Hell, even my dad wanted us to get together. My mum and Maddox's dad would always tease Maddox about acting like a jealous boyfriend, when in fact he always acted like an overprotective brother.

I just pray tonight goes well otherwise, I won't know what to do.

I walk back out into the the living to see Ryder sprawled along the couch watching football. His eyes are glued to the tv so he doesn't notice me yet, giving me time to appreciate how sexy he looks.