CHAPTER -8

Mary, full of excitement began to narrate the incident.
"Dad, mom, I still feel proud recalling that incident." She went on "You know what, she was the best swimmer of our college. Our coach and Rose were on very poor terms. When an Intercollege race was declared our biased coach chose Sabrina, who was the second best swimmer after Rose.

Sabrina got sick on the very day of the race due to stomach infection. Now no other option left, only Rose. But coach's ego was too big, to make him budge from his decision. He planned to withdraw the name. Then Rose argued with him to let her go, in place of Sabrina. Eventually, he agreed on one condition that she will participate as Sabrina not Rose. He told her to keep her head gear and swimming shades on to avoid getting identified and without second thoughts, Rose agreed. She stood first in that Intercollege swimming race and accepted the trophy as Sabrina and gave it to her.

Mary's father was all praises. "Atta girl, I like your spirit. Same happened with me and my friend in the club we frequented couple of years back...." and Mr. Spencer unfolded some of his tales through rest of the dinner.

Feeling jet lagged Mary's parent turned in for the night. Mary and I went out to the garden for a small stroll. She showed me her room. Jay and Eady went to check on Tim.

We also parted eventually for the night. I was boarding the stairs when I heard some noise. I stopped and moved towards the door of living room.

Fucking shit! Jay and Eady stood there Eady was saying. "Won't you kiss me Good Night Jay." He bent and kissed lightly on her lips and that bitch pressed her body to his and wrapped her arms behind his neck waving fingure's in his hair. I was behind the curtain, I felt yuck and turned to go back. I was paralysed to see both the hounds growling at me. Oh fuck man!

From outside I heard Tim's voice "Mommy, Can I please stay with Jay and Bruno."

"No way I am just coming sonny." Eady's loud voice.

"Let him stay the night" Jay said.

"No sweetheart, he has homework to do and we are coming for the party tomorrow."

I was still holding my breath. One hound left on hearing the voice of Tim the other beast sat sniffing at me.

"Bye handsome, see you tomorrow in the pool." After two minutes the car started.

I tried moving towards the stairs and the hound barked at me, I stopped.

"Easy Bruno, come here. Rose you also come here." I heard Jay speaking softly.

The other dog accompained him. He sat down patting both the animals both lovingly.

"Me?"

"Yes you"

"But why?" I did not budge.

"You are a real stubborn ass. I will make them sniff your hand so that they won't bother you again."

"Ohkay" I went near him and sat down I closed my eyes and forwarded my hand. I felt tingling sensation in me.

"Hope you liked the surprise today?

I opened my eyes, dogs were no more there.

"Well the way everything went today it was more of a threat than a surprise." I replied.

He laughed out aloud. Then his eyes were focused on my lips. I stiffened and stood up. He did the same still holding my hands. He pulled me towards him with a jerk.

"What were you doing here? Enjoying the show?" He smirked.

"No, of course not." I try to wriggle my hand from his hold. But his grip tightened.