4. Couch

At around 3:30 ish am, Brett wpke up from a nightmare that had made him break out in a cold sweat. Although he remembered the dream vividly, he tried his best to forget it, in the hope that it would never haunt him again. He did write it down though, just to get it out of his mind and throw it away afterwards.

It started out with his and Eddy's bathtub incident, Eddy falling on top of him as Brett tried to catch him. But this time, they didnt stop falling, just fell straight down a dark tunnel, the air whooshing in their ears.

"Eddy!" Brett called out to him, but it was no use, the wind was drowning out his voice.

Brett saw Eddy move his mouth, but no sound came out. Instead of talking this time, Brett tried to reach out to Eddy. He succeeded in grabbing Eddy's wrist, then pulled him and Eddy closer, until their faces were centimeters apart.

Brett kissed Eddy firm in the mouth, then whispered, "I love you" into Eddy's lips before kissing him harder.

Eddy said it back and the two kissed for what felt like an eternity, falling swiftly down a dark tunnel, not caring about death, or anything that might come their way, because they were with each other, their lips were pressed against each others, and that was all that mattered.

Then something changed. The wind blew harder, stronger, faster, and eventually grew so strong that it pulled the kissing couple apart.

They landed on a hard, concrete floor, with only a pale, cold, light coming from an unknown source shining on their landing spot, making the whole room seem like it stretched on forever.

They didn't have much time to absorb this inforamtion before Eddy was flung away from Brett by an unseen force, into the dark abyss surrounding them, causing Brett to panic.

"Eddy?" Brett's words echoed around him, and without an answer, he called out again, this time louder, with a
desperate hitch in his voice.

"Eddy? Where are you?" Once again, his words echoed, making him feel alone and even more desperate.

He panicked at the echoing silence all around him, eating him alive from the inside, and started running flat out into the direction Eddy had been taken.

The cold light followed him, giving him light to see by, but not by much.

He called out Eddy's name as he ran, looking left and right, hoping Eddy would appear.

Finally, after what felt like hours of running, Brett heard Eddy call his name on his left, and burst forward with renewed energy.

"Eddy?! Where are you? I can't see you!"

"I'm right here, and I'm so lost, I need you!"

"I'm coming!"

Eddy sounded close, so close that it gave Brett hope. He dropped to his knees, and spread his hands out in all directions, trying to feel where Eddy was. The feeble light was gone now, for it had grown so dark while he was running that he couldn't see anything in front of him anymore.

"Brett, hurry! I'm so scared, where are you?"

"I'm trying, I'm trying!"

Eddy was definetly crying now, Brett could hear his sniffles echoing around him, teasing him.

"Don't worry Eddy, I'm coming!" But the words sounded empty, and Brett couldn't be sure of anything anymore.

He felt Eddy's skin bump against his every once and awhile, when he was beginning to loose hope, but this gave him false hope, and he got more discouraged each time he couldn't find the rest of Eddy.