Trollex Dare #3

(Sorry I haven't been posting anything. My grandpa just got tested positive for COVID-19, so my family and I have been pretty busy. Luckily, he's asymptomatic, and he's doing alright now. Also, I started a summer class today, so updates may be less frequent, just a fair warning.)

Trollex kept staring at the blue techno troll from the docks while Roxy opened up the next dare slowly. Once she had read it to herself, she smiled and looked back down at her son.

"Why don't you go talk to her?" She suggested. Trollex looked up at her with a shocked expression on his face.

"Are you kidding me?! No way!" he stammered. Roxy chuckled at how nervous he was getting, then she sat down on the edge of the docks. Trollex took notice of the look on his mothers' face and visibly swallowed.

"I don't have a choice, do I?" he asked hesitantly. Roxy shook her head, then read the dare to him:

"This one is from @justforreadingstory , and it says: I dare Trollex to confess to his crush and then kiss her." Trollex's eyes widened with fear and his jaw dropped.

"Kiss her?!" he wheezed out. "I-I...barely know her..."

"Then this is the perfect opportunity to get to know her! Besides, the dare doesn't specify where to kiss her, so..." Roxy stated. As she glanced back over at the group of techno trolls again, she recognized someone swimming among them. She smiled and whistled loudly in order to get her attention.

"YO HIGHLIGHT!" the harmony troll shouted. "OVER HERE!"

The purple techno troll smiled and swam over to them in record time.

"What's up, Roxy?" she asked.

"That blue techno troll over there...what's her name?"

Highlight's smile widened. "Oh her?" she asked, pointing in the troll's general direction. "That's my friend Cora! Why? Is a certain someone interested in her?" She crossed her arms and gave Trollex a smirk as his face turned red.

"W-Well...I-I..."

He took a deep breath in and let it out shakily. "A-A bit..." he responded quietly.

"Wow, so you found her. That's impressive." Trollex and the others turned around to see that Queen Barb and King Titus had walked over to them to see what all the fuss was about. Queen Essence retreated back to the rest of the council, leaving only Roxy, Titus, Barb, Trollex, and Highlight on the docks.

Trollex didn't answer. He just stared down at his tail, which was swishing back and forth underneath the water.

"Never fear, Trollex!" Barb continued in a tone of voice that nobody had ever heard her use before. "I, the older and more superior cousin, will teach you the art of how to talk to women!" Trollex looked very startled and confused.

"Um...that sounds like a terrible idea..." he mumbled.

"Actually, Barbara, talking to a girl is one thing," Titus responded. "Confessing to a girl you like is another thing. It takes a lot of courage, and it isn't easy."

"Exactly!" Roxy stated. "We can give you a few tips, but really, you should confess to her the way you think is best." Trollex started to sweat.

"C-Can't I just...admire her from afar?" he asked.

"NO!" Barb shouted. "That's creepy!" Trollex let out a little squeak as he buried his head in his hands.

"Don't worry, son. I'm sure you'll do fine." Titus told him. Trollex just smiled up at him nervously, then he got out of the water and onto the docks. His eyes still showed a hint of fear, but they also contained a look of confidence in them as well.

"Alright, how should I go about doing this?"

------

After Titus, Roxy, and Barb all gave him a little pep talk, as well as a few pointers, Highlight swam off to grab Cora while the rest of the council hid in the bushes to watch.

Trollex was standing on the beach waiting for them. He was trying his best to hide how nervous he was, but he was beyond terrified. His hands were shaking and a lump had formed in his throat.

Once Highlight had brought Cora to the beach, she swam off in order to give the two of them some space.

"Greetings, your majesty," Cora said warmly. "I'm Cora. My friend told me you wanted to talk to me?" Her voice sounded heavenly. Trollex opened his mouth to say something, but the lump in his throat was stopping him. Cora chuckled nervously.

"Um...King Trollex...are you okay?" Without warning, his voice returned, causing him to blurt out the first thing that came to mind:

"HeLlO kInG tRoLlEx, I'm A cUtIe!" he choked out. He then smacked himself on the forehead and looked at the ground.

"Nice going, idiot! You're off to a great start," he thought to himself. Cora's mouth was hanging slightly open as she processed what he had just said.

"Wait...what?" she asked. Trollex gulped.

"Um...uh...I-I mean..." He was starting to clam up.

"Just be honest with her, like what mom and dad told you." He took a deep breath, then he hovered closer to Cora. He was still looking at the ground.

"Cora...I-I'm gonna be honest with you...I'm sorry for swimming away from you the other day." Cora looked confused.

"You don't need to apologize," she responded. "I wasn't watching where I was going. I should be the one apologizing, not you."

"No...no...this apology is about something else." Trollex could feel his confidence rising with every word he spoke. "When I bumped into you the other day, I swam away because I was afraid. I'm sorry. I'd never seen anyone like you before that day, and you startled me. I was hypnotized by your beauty. Nobody has ever made me feel this way about them before, and yet you have never spoken to me until just a few moments ago."

"I want to get to know you better, Cora. So...I was wondering..." He finally managed to peel his eyes away from the ground as he held Cora's hands in his.

"Would you...like to go out with me?" Cora's face began to turn red as Trollex quickly looked back down at the ground. He felt stupid. Maybe he should've rephrased his sentences...what if she says no? He held his breath as he waited for her to respond.

"I would love to go out with you!" Trollex looked back up at her to find her smiling at him. His face started to heat up.

"Really?" Trollex asked, completely dumbfounded. "Well, um...do you have anything going on this Saturday around 5 o'clock? I'll come and get you."

"I've got nothing going on that day. Sounds like a date!" Cora responded. "I'll see you then!" She turned back to the ocean, but Trollex quickly reached out and grabbed her hand again. Then, to her surprise, he raised her hand up to his lips and kissed the back of it gently. Cora was blushing like crazy.

"W-What was that for?" she stuttered out. Trollex smiled up at her.

"It seemed appropriate," he responded.

Cora giggled, waved good-bye to him, then dove back into the ocean. Trollex sighed, impressed with how well that went, considering how rough the confession started. As he hovered back towards the angler bus that he and the other council members had arrived in, he couldn't help but wonder how his and Cora's first date was going to go.

"I see you have a date set?" squealed a voice from the bushes. Trollex jumped. He had forgotten that the entire council had been watching him the whole time, and he immediately became overcome with embarrassment.

"I dOn'T wAnNa TaLk AbOuT iT rIgHt NoW, mOm!" He screeched as he hovered past them towards the angler bus. "Let's just go."

(Cora belongs to @Corandtrollex !)

(Trolls who haven't received questions yet: Titus, Roxanne, and Katheryn.)