Chapter 6

It was finally lunch and I was sat alone at our normal table in the cafeteria. I was doodling on a scrap of paper to make myself look like less of a loner as May and Chloe still hadn't returned from their respective classes.

 I heard the scraping of a chair and a heavy sigh as someone dropped into the chair in front of me. 

I looked up, expecting to see Chloe or May but I was surprised to see Ethan Blythe sitting across from me. 

"Nice bruise Chubs," Ethan said with a smirk, as he gestured to the bruise on my forehead. 

"I always knew you were sadistic but it's nice to get some confirmation every-now-and-then," I spat out angrily.

 "Look I didn't mean to hit you that hard Chubs, I'm sorry," he said his eyes intense and wide, as a look of guilt crossed over his face. I wasn't buying his act for a second, he wasn't capable of feeling remorse. 

"Just fuck off Ethan and bother someone else," I snapped angrily. A look of hurt flashed over his face before he quickly composed himself. 

"We both know you love me. I'm pretty sure, I have a memory of you calling me a sexy beast or something...." he said with a low chuckle, referring to my painfully embarrassing ordeal at Sugar Shake. 

I growled in irritation, as I started to have horrible flashbacks to that day.

 "Never. Speak. Of. That. again," I said slowly, in between gritted teeth.

Ethan just chuckled at me in amusement, clearly having fun pissing me off. 

"Anyway, I think there's something you and I need to discuss. Don't you think?" Ethan said raising an eyebrow in inquisition. 

I froze, prayed to God that he wasn't referring to what I think he was. I decided playing dumb was my best tactic. "What do you mean?" I asked in what I hoped was a convincing and unsuspecting voice.

He just stared at me in silence, his eyes scanned interrogatively over my face as he waited for me to crack. Not being able to take the heat anymore, I broke eye contact.

"I have to admit Chubs, I didn't think you'd have it in you to break into my room in the middle of the night," Ethan said casually as he stared at me in amusement. "You would have gotten away with it too if you hadn't dropped your phone," he said with a smirk, as he pulled out my phone from the inside of his jacket pocket. 

"Pft.... that's not my phone." I lied quickly, hoping there was still a way I could somehow get out of this.

"How stupid do you think I am? Your Screen saver was a bit of a giveaway," he said with a snort.

 Okay, there was officially no way I could convince him that the phone wasn't mine. My screen saver was a picture of the actor, Ian Somerhalder and there wasn't a person alive who didn't know I was obsessed with him. 

"Okay, I admit it is my phone. You've made your point," I said in defeat. 

"Thanks for returning it," I said, reaching across the table to take the phone back

 "Did you really think I'd hand it over that easily chubs?" he said with a snort, holding my phone up higher than I could reach. Being short really sucked sometimes. 

"Look Ethan I REALLY need my phone back. My dad will kill me if he found out I lost another phone," I said in exasperation.

 After I lost my phone for the third time in a year my dad had threatened to buy me a brick phone if I lost another one.