Chapter 41

Author's note: Think before you comment. Reading persistent death threats, aimed at a character I really care about, really hurts. Frankly, it sometimes make me want to unpublish my whole book.  And if you continue to leave these extreme death threats knowing that it hurts my feelings then you ironically have no right to be acting like you're any better than Mia. Please don't make me feel like shit today :)

---------------------------------

An hour later, I was tucked up in my bed, shoveling spoonful after spoonful of Ben and Jerry ice cream into my mouth. 

I was pathetic. I was acting like a typical heart-broken teenager who had just broken up with their boyfriend. But the plot twist was, we were never even dating in the first place!

 I couldn't exactly blame him for liking Chloe. She was stunning, sexy, popular, and smart. I used to think she was kind too, but I guess I was wrong. 

Kind people don't just giggle when their best friend's crush makes a move on them.

 We had been best friends since kindergarten for crying out loud. I can't believe she would just stab me in the back like that. 

With that depressing thought, I shoved yet another spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth.

The doorbell chimed through the house. I groaned in annoyance and wrapped a blanket around myself. Slowly, I climbed out of bed and down the stairs.

 I opened the door, expecting to see my Mum, but instead May and Chloe, both stood on my doorstep. 

I didn't even hesitate for a second before attempting to slam the door in their faces. 

Unfortunately, May was too quick for me and jammed her foot in the door before it could close.

"Dang it," I muttered as she shoved the door open and marched her way in with Chloe in tow.

 I wasn't mad at May, but she was with the enemy, so I had to make sacrifices. 

"What the hell are you guys doing here?" I mumbled bitterly as I shot Chloe an especially nasty glare.

 "I'm here because you guys need to sort out your issues. Chloe called me in tears because you wouldn't listen to her," May snapped as she shot me an accusation look. 

"You're on her side? Do you know what she fucking did?" I shouted. 

"I'm not on anyone's side, I'm on the side of this is ridiculous and you guys should just talk," May said in exasperation. She stared at us expectantly.

"Talk!" May yelled.

 "Fine," I snapped. I turned to face Chloe and faked a smile. "Chloe, why do you think it's acceptable to stab a friend in the back?" I said arching an eyebrow up at her inquisitively. 

She let out a heavy sigh of annoyance. "I didn't stab you in the back, which you would know if you just shut up for two seconds and let me speak," Chloe snapped angrily. 

I scoffed at her. "Okay fine, I'm listening. I'm actually interested to see what bull crap story you come up with," I said with fake enthusiasm as I flopped down on the sofa.

 Chloe sat down beside me and took a deep breath. "First, thing's first, I don't like Ethan, and he doesn't like me, okay," Chloe snapped. 

"I heard what you guys said, I'm not an idiot Chloe," I laughed cruelly. 

She tugged on the roots of her hair in frustration. "He wasn't saying that to me Mia, he was practicing saying it to you," she spat. 

"That's bull.... wait what?"