Chapter 11

"You didn't have to be so rude. Ben is a nice guy," I said chucking his Ice cream down on the counter harshly. 

"A little too nice if you ask me," Ethan said bitterly as he sunk his spoon in. 

"No, you're a little bit too rude," I argued back, trying to defend Ben. 

"Why the hell does he call you Mimi for anyway? It's such a stupid nickname," he grumbled.

 "You call me Chubs for crying out loud," I said laughing at his ridiculousness. 

"Yeah but that's original, I call you that because you have a cute little face," he said gesturing at my face with his spoon to emphasize his point.

 "You think I'm cute?" I said cocking my eyebrow up at him in amusement. 

He paused for a second, realizing that he had accidentally complimented me. "You're alright..." he said with a shrug, before awkwardly breaking eye contact with me.

After a while, Ethan turned around to glare at Ben's back who was busy clearing away a table. "He's way too friendly Mia, he definitely has a thing for you," Ethan said with a scoff, as he turned back around to face me. 

Why the hell does he care so much anyway? 

"That's because he's a nice person Ethan, maybe you could learn something from him." I snapped in an exasperated tone as I gave him a pointed look. Ethan scowled at me before proceeding to immitate me childishly.

 "Ben's so cool. Blah. Blah. Blah. I love Ben," Ethan said in an extremely high-pitched tone, causing me to let out an involuntary giggle.

 "I sound nothing like that, you idiot," I said in amusement, as I hit him on the shoulder.

 "Don't slap your customer Mia. It's rude," Ethan said with a smirk.

Deciding to be cheeky, I grabbed a clean spoon from the counter and quickly swiped a large chunk of ice-cream from his bowl.

 "Heyy, that's my ice-cream," Ethan whined. 

"Well It's payback," I retorted smugly as I triumphantly put the spoon in my mouth.

 It's nothing the dickhead didn't deserve after stealing my chocolate muffin the other day. He lifted his head to look at me, his eyes flickering down to look at my lips. Why was he looking there?

 "You have some ice-cream on the corner of your mouth," he said demonstrating where he meant by pointing on his face. 

I blushed, realizing I must look like an idiot. I wiped the corner of my mouth against my sleeve. 

"It's still there," he said with a smirk, probably getting a kick out of seeing me embarrassed. Annoyed I attempted to wipe it away again.

 "You're hopeless let me help you," Ethan said leaning across the counter and wiping it away with his finger.

 I thought he was going to wipe it on his napkin but without hesitation, he licked the ice-cream clean from the end of his finger. I just stared at him with shock; not expecting him to do that.

 "What?" he said with a shrug, looking at me in confusion. 

"Er, nothing..." I said awkwardly, even though I could feel my heart beating rapidly in my chest, feeling oddly flustered by what he had just done. And I wasn't sure if it was a good or bad type of flustered.

-------------------------------------------

It was Tuesday again and I was yet again having a terrible day.