Chapter 22

"TWENTY-TWO"

"TWENTY-TWO"

---------------------------

"Bella won't shut up about the wolves..." Matteo groaned, coming to sit at the foot of my bed one night after having spent the afternoon with Maggie and Bella once again. Bella was slowly starting to come out of her depression, but it still didn't look great.

"So I've heard. We need to talk to her about that." I sighed turning around to look at him. There was no need for her to start making the wolves' lives harder. They were struggling enough as it was trying to get the other vampire that was running around Forks.

"How did she see them anyways?" Aki asked from her spot perched on my desk.

"Apparently some vampire is after her because the Cullens killed her mate. It sounded like quite the story." Matteo explained.

"Do we need to worry about this vampire?" Myra asked leaning on the door frame with Teuvo right behind her.

"Well if it isn't the happy couple. Haven't seen the two of you in a few days." Matteo laughed, raising his eyebrow suggestively, making Teuvo roll his eyes.

"Maddy, just go jump out of the window please." Myra retorted.

"Wow thanks. But back to your question.... I don't think it'll be too bad. I can keep an eye on Maggie and Bella because those two are probably the most at risk. Otherwise they have no real reason to come here." Matteo explained.

"Also, the two of you and Andrew might want to be on your toes to just to make sure no one comes while most of us are gone throughout the day. There probably won't be a problem, but just be aware I guess." I suggested, looking at the couple still standing in my doorway. They nodded knowingly and sent Aki a reassuring smile. Out of everyone, Aki was the most tense with this new vamp running around. She was the only one with human kids.

"If that coldy tries to step foot anywhere near my kids she better be ready for me to rip her head clean off." Aki growled, her eyes getting dark, her fists clenching as she looked like she was somewhere far away from here.

"We would never let her get close." Teuvo assured. "I swear."

"I know. I trust you. It's just that trouble and chaos seems to follow Bella and I don't want my kids wrapped up in this." She sighed, running a hand through her long black hair. She straightened out her sweats and tank top absentmindedly.

"We won't let anything happen." I assured her. She mumbled something incoherent before leaving, walking in the direction of her room.

"I guess it's bedtime?" Myra questioned, laughing at Aki's retreading form.

"Yeah... that sounds nice. I'm tired. Good night. I'll see you all tomorrow. Have a nice night." I rambled waving my family out of my room before I grabbed the large sweatshirt Emmett let me steal. I like to think I stole it from right under his nose, but he most likely knew and just didn't care.