-6-

AFTER 2 WEEKS

Friday Night

Tharn and Type are having dinner that Tharn had prepared.

Type: You are quite a good cook. Wow, it tastes awesome.

Tharn: Heyy Type. (makes a sad face).

Type: What happened?

Tharn: Type.... nowadays we spend so little time together. We only get to talk freely in the weekends.

Type: Isn't it how working adults function? And isn't it good that we get to talk atleast in the weekends? There are many whose jobs don't allow them free in the weekends also.

Tharn: I know Type. I was not meaning to say that. I was telling that you should also take a break sometimes. See I had so many shows in the past couple weeks, thats why I haven't signed any shows for the next week.

Type: Your condition is different from mine Tharn. I do a job under an employer.

Tharn: Uhh... I know. Let me get to the point. Type can you take a leave for 3 or 4 days next week?

Type: Why?

Tharn: I have no work next week. If you too take a leave, then we can go visit a beach or something, just to relax for a few days.

Type: No Tharn. How is that even possible?

Tharn: Please Type. Try once na.

Type: No Tharn. Don't whine.

Tharn: Please na. (makes puppy face)

Type: Tharn don't act like a baby. You are asking for the impossible.

Tharn gets upset, stands up and goes to wash the dishes.
Type also follows him.

Type: Hey Tharn I have something for you. I forgot to give you. Wait. I kept it in the freezer.

Type opens the fridge door and takes out a box of chocolate cupcakes.

Type: See these. Today after office my colleagues invited me to go a new cafe with them. There they ordered these cupcakes. They are delicious and I know how much you like chocolate cakes, that's why I bought many for you. Do you wanna try now?

Tharn: No, I am not in the mood.

Saying this he turned towards the sink and started to wash the dishes again.

Type: You sure you don't wanna try these.

Tharn doesn't answer.

Type: You will definitely miss these because they are super delicious...... If you are not eating then I am going to eat all....... You will not get a single piece..... I am warning...... Don't blame me later.

Type kept on speaking but Tharn didn't answer. He then leaned over Tharn and rested his face on his shoulders.

Type: Hmm someone is upset. Then I have to surely do something. If you are not gonna talk to me its ok, but I have taken leave for the next whole week. If you don't want I will go to work then.

Hearing this Tharn stops. He smiles and turns towards Type and holds him with his foamy hands.

Tharn: Hey Type. Why are you like this all the time? You know, I really got upset 😕.

Type: Sorry Tharn. I was going to say you but before me you proposed the idea of a vacation. That's why I tried having some fun 😁.

Tharn: (moves his hands to Type's waist) I love you Type. (smiles).

Type: Ahh... shit Tharn you have ruined my t-shirt. Why are you holding me with your soapy hands? Leave me.

Tharn: Nope. You played with me, now let me play with you.

Type: You are a spoiled man. 🤦🏻‍♂️. So then, where should we go?

Tharn: Hey, please this time I don't want to visit your father's resort. Whenever I want to visit a beach you drag me to your home, but not this time. I become little reserved infront of your father.

Type: Uhh Huh. Ok this time lets choose some other place. I will let you choose, then.

Type then feeds Tharn a cupcake.

Tharn: I am so happy Type (he rubs his nose with Type's).

Type: Hurry with your work and lets sleep. I will give you one day to fix everything. I want to go Sunday morning.

Tharn: As you order, wifee.

Type: And who is you wifee?

Type then breaks Tharn's hold.

Type: You talk much. I am going to change. You hurry up and come to sleep. You have lots of work tommorow.

Tharn smiled at Type and hurries away.