CHAPTER 15

YEAH YOU WISH!

When I return from school the next day, I quickly change into my home clothes and proceed to do the tons of homework I have due to submit tomorrow.

After a couple of hours, when I'm done, I go out to drink water, when I see Luke in the veranda. I join him there and lean on the railing like him.

"Admiring the sky?" I ask and turn to him. He had a serious look on his face, disregarding my question. "Luke, what's wrong?" I ask him.

He looks at me, before turning back to walk away, "Wanna go for a walk?" He asks and I shrug, "If that helps."

He walks in pace with me down the stairs this time, every time looking like he was going to say something. "So no gym date with Sabrina today?" I chuckle and he looks at me before looking down, "We broke up."

I stop and gape at him, "What?!" He nods and continues walking. I catch up with him, "Why? What happened? She seemed so nice." I say and he nods, "She is nice, but we weren't good together. Things weren't working out for us that well and so continuing the relationship with me not being happy was not right. So I...broke it off."

I look down and nod. I feel his gaze on me but I don't look up. I don't know what to feel about this. On one hand, I'm very cruelly happy that he's now single, for I don't know what reason. And second, I'm sad coz they two looked really cute together. My mind is so confusing, like does it want them to be together or not?

When I realized he expected me to say something, I gave out a small chuckle, "So now we're both going through the same thing huh? But not really because technically, in my case, Ryan was a douche but in your case you did it for a good reason. I mean it's not good to lead a girl on like that. I wish Ryan learnt that. Not that I would ever go back, like ew I hate him now, but you know I'm just saying anddd I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

Luke shoots me an amused smile and nods, "You ramble a lot." My cheeks heat up and I look down. "It's pretty cute." My head jerks up at his words and he shrugs, "It's the truth."

We take a walk around the complex itself, talking about random stuff. Luke's a really good person to spend time with. He can just make you laugh about almost anything.

When we reached towards the last building, we spot a dog and I back away because he didn't have a collar around his neck. How did he even get in? Luke though, unlike me, headed towards the dog, despite my warnings.

"He's so adorable Skittles. This guy can't do a thing. And anyway, all dogs love me." He said and walked closer. The dog also did the same and when he reached around three feet away from Luke, he pounced on him, bit his leg and ran away. And Luke wore shorts today. Shit.

My curse was repeated by Luke, only a million times louder. I run to him and help him up from the ground, where he fell. "Luke I told you not to touch him!" I scold him and he takes the support of my shoulder, while hopping on one leg.

"That hurts." He grunts and I bite my lip, "Luke we have to get you to the nearest hospital" I say and he looks at me, "The hospital?!" I nod, "Of course Luke. You need to take an injection! That dog could have been rabid and I really don't want a rabid human friend." He looks at me with a horrified expression, "I'm not taking an injection."

"Luke you have to!"

"I'm not going to!"

Our argument goes on, till we reach behind his parking space. "We are getting you to the hospital and that's final." I state, extending my hand for the car keys. He looks at me like I'm crazy, "You want to get me poked by some dangerous object and drive my car? You're mad Taylor."