CHAPTER 47

HE TASTED OF MINTY TOOTHPASTE...WITH A HINT OF COFFEE

"

Skittles. We need to talk."

Is the first thing Luke tells me when I get into his car in the morning. 

My mind starts creating all worst case scenarios for the next words that will come out of his mouth. I hold my bag, tight against my chest, my heart racing, "Luke, listen, I know I've been a pain recently and I've been acting weird, but please, we can fix that. It will-this will pass, just please. Don't."

He stares at me, confused, "Skittles what are you talking about?"

I gulp, "You're-you're breaking up with me, aren't you?" I ask softly, looking down and then at him. His eyes widen, "Oh goodness Skittles, no! No I'm not. Why the hell would you even think that?" I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, "You said we need to talk. When else does someone say that in a relationship other than when something's bad going to happen? A.k.a breaking up."

He smiles sheepishly, "Sorry, I didn't realize you would think that way." "Anyone would." I say and he smiles and holds my hand on his lap, "I'll never break up with you, Skittles. Specially not for that reason. I know something's going on in your life that you're not ready to tell me and that's fine. I'll wait." I smile at him and lean forward to kiss his cheek.

I lean back into my seat and look at him, "You wanted to say..."I drawl out. He sighs and looks in front, gripping the wheel with both his hands now, "So...I-I don't know when it's going to happen. But I know it will be soon." He says and I frown, "What will happen?" He leans his head back on the headrest, "We're moving out." He pauses, "Well, moving back to our original house. It's almost ready, just like, my room is remaining to be done, so..yeah."

My shoulders sink. I hadn't even remembered about Luke's original house. I forgot that this was just his temporary living place and that he would be going back to his posh mansion 45 minutes away. I'll never get to visit him whenever I want to by just walking down 2 flights of stairs anymore.

I mean, I know that living in the same building isn't a necessary thing to be dating, obviously, but still, I mean, I'm used to this now.

He turns to me and takes my hand again, rubbing small circles on it, "Don't worry though, okay? About us still dating and stuff. We will. It's just 45 minutes away and I mean, people in a relationship don't have to stay together to make it work if they really want it, right? We were just lucky to be in the same building." I smile a little, so he doesn't get worried and he does the same while holding my face in his hands and connecting our lips.

He tasted of minty toothpaste...with a hint of coffee. I grin at that and pull away while he stared quizzically at me.

I shake my head, "Yeah, you're right. We'll be fine. When are you leaving?"

He shrugs, "I don't know, but today after school, mom, dad and I are going to see the place to just check if there's anything else I wanted to add to my room and stuff. Then we'll probably stay at my aunt's for the night since it's a weekend."

I nod and after some time, his face suddenly lights up, "Hey you know what? You should come too actually. We have like, 4 guest rooms from which one we can keep specially just for you. Oh and we can customize it however you like too! Colour, furniture and all! That will be great Skittles! We can choose the one down the hall from mine for you! It's the closest."

I laugh at his adorable excitement, "No Luke, that's fine. If I ever come to live in your mansion-"

"When you come to live in my house." He says and I roll my eyes, "Okay when. Then I'll just sleep in a normal guest room, okay? It's fine."