CHAPTER 25

HOW IS HE SO HEARTLESS?

There's a knock on my door an hour and a half or so after Brooklyn left. I go to open it, chewing the last of my pizza and as soon as I do, I am pushed back into my house by her dad.

"Woah Mr. Taylor, what's wrong?" I ask at his angry face. He points his finger at me, "You, are not going to talk to my daughter, do you hear me?" I scrunch my brows, "Why? You were fine when she was here."

"That's because she was here. Now, if I see you talking to her, it won't be good Luke." His voice low. I raise my brow, "So all that 'I'm sorry' drama and change of attitude earlier was because she was here?"

If Henry was a cartoon character, I bet he would have steam coming out of his ears right now, "Just shut up and listen to me." He yells.

He grabs me by my collar and I swear if he wasn't Skittles's dad or any other old man, I would've thrown one good punch at his face, enough to knock him out. "Is this violence necessary?" I roll my eyes.

"If you talk to my daughter," he says, slowly, ignoring my statement, "I will not hesitate to take her away. Far away." My eyebrows shoot up, "Wow that bad? What did I even do to her that made you so angry with me?" "You have ruined her. She's not the same with me as she was earlier." He replies.

"And you just jumped to the conclusion that I'm the reason." I roll my eyes again, "Mr. Taylor, have you considered any other option than me, just her guy friend?"

"You and I both know you're not just a guy friend Luke." He says, "Now, I keep up to my word. If I see you talking to her-"

"You will take her far away, yeah yeah." I murmur not believing him. "No." He says, "That's not it." He leaves my collar and I straighten myself.

"I'll send her to live with her grandparents. And believe me, you don't want to meet her grandparents." He says.

I raise my eyebrows, "You will what?" He nods, "She doesn't like her grandparents much either by the way. So, it'll be hard for her to go."

"How can you?" I look, disgustedly at him , "How can you even think of doing this to your own daughter?" How cruel can he be? It's his daughter for goodness sake. His angel of a freaking daughter.

He shrugs, "I was thinking of doing it earlier since I'm always out for business trips and sending her to live with someone else every time isn't very convenient, but-"

"Oh and sending her to live with her 'i-don't-know-how-bad-they-are' grandparents is good for her?" I ask, my voice rising. He's about to respond when I cut him off again, "And Mr. Taylor, how is it that you have so many business trips to go to huh? Mum and dad don't get them." I pause, "Are you even really going for business trips?"

His jaw clenches, "That is none of your business Luke, keep your nose out of this and yes I do go for business trips. Now." He says, "I'm leaving this up to you. You want Brooklyn to stay with you here in this state-oh did I mention that her grandparents live halfway across the country?" He asks.

I stare at him in disbelief, "You're going to take her away from everything she's ever known Mr. Taylor. Her whole freaking LIFE she's been here, HOW CAN YOU JUST TAKE HER AWAY?!"

He rolls his eyes, looking frustratingly calm amidst this, "Listen, I have no time for your discussions. You either don't talk to her or she's going. I'm leaving it up to Luke. You're the one who will decide her fate now, so be careful."