five

"A kid really?"

"Yes Key, a kid and he's almost done with high school." I said as I flipped through the channel. Arlen was on his way over with the food and Keenan had dropped by first. "I thought you'd be coming with Arlen?"

"I finished work early and he didn't want me to pick him up because I refused to wear that henley he liked." Keenan said, shaking his head fondly. I let out a snort at his words. That was definitely something Arlen could do. He had done it once for me. He didn't speak to me for two days because I wouldn't wear the glittery boots he had gotten me.

"Are you sure you can do this?" Keenan asked again and this time I turned to look at him rather than face the tv. Did he think I can't do this? Was that why he kept asking me all these questions?

"Do you think I can't?"

"You are one of the strongest people I know. If anyone can raise a kid, it would be you." Keenan said, with a large smile. He gave me a little pat on my shoulder. Before I could even react, Keenan grabbed the remote from my hand. The sneaky shit.

Jaden was currently in his room, taking a little nap. I should probably wake him up or he might not be able to sleep again. Thankfully I didn't have work today, so I could properly introduce him to Arlen and Keenan. It was almost six thirty.

I'll wait for Arlen to turn up with the food before I wake him.

My phone buzzed and I quickly pulled it out of my pants,, swiping at the screen.

waitwithnate: what are you up to?

chillwithcil: being robbed of my remote control by an asshole

waitwithnate: friend or boyfriend?
waitwithnate: never mind that, you wouldn't be on a dating site if you had a boyfriend

chillwithcil: nah , not my boyfriend. Key is a close friend of mine and the husband of my best friend.

waitwithname: your name is Cill, your close friend's name is Key. That's it, you win the name competition.

I couldn't hold back the laugh. My fingers moved swiftly across the screen as I typed out my reply. I had just tapped send when the door was pushed open and Arlen walks in. Keenan quickly made his way over to Arlen, pressing a kiss to his cheeks as he took the bags Arlen was holding.

"Thank you, baby."

"I thought you weren't talking to me." Key said and I chuckled at them. Arlen pouted at his husband before making his way over to me, he plops onto the couch and pulled me in close enough and pressed a kiss to my cheek.

"Hey Arl."

"Don't call me that." Arlen said.

"You called me Cilly for a year. You can manage me calling you Arl once in a while."

"Oh my god, you are never going to let that go are you?" Arlene and Key said at the same time. I looked at them with a raised brow. They tended to do that a lot. Like they knew what the other was thinking or about to say. Sometimes I hated it and other times, I envied them.

I shook my head at them and got off the couch. Since Arlen was here, I could wake Jaden now and get him to eat dinner before he uses his meds. I made my way down the hallway and knocked on Jaden's door, pushing open the door once I don't get a reply. Jaden was tucked under his duvet, only half of his face peeking out.

"Do you think they'll like me?" Jaden asked once he was awake.

"They'll love you. Key and Arlen are the best. They are the nicest people in the world." I said, patting the duvet.