eleven

"You did not."

"But I did." Nate said.

I couldn't look away from the building. I remember telling Nate one time that I'd love to come here when there were less people. We were at the Museum For Contemporary Art. It was one of my favourite places.

"Nate..."

"Come on..." he said.

Nate takes my hand in his and lead me right to the doors. It was past seven pm and I was so sure we were going to be sent back by security, instead, someone pulls open the door for us and we walked in. It was so quiet. So quiet.

I have never been here at night and I was pretty sure no one has ever been here at night. And during the day it was filled with people, talking, murmurings. Our footsteps were loud and I felt I should breathe a little quieter.

I looked around at the paintings, trying my best not to reach out and touch. I couldn't believe Nate did this.

"You can look at the paintings later, angel. We have somewhere else to be." Nate said, smiling at me sweetly.

Nate led me towards the back to where was a sun room during the day but at night, with the all round glass ceiling, you could see the stars. They were bright and even twinkled. There was soft music playing and there was a table set up. There were no lights, just small candles here and there, giving the room a soft look.

Nate pulled out a chair for me and I sat. He seats across me and smiles at me. Once he was seated a waiter appears with two glasses and a bottle of red wine.

"You once told me what it is you wanted to try at a fancy restaurant." Nate said and I stared at him, my lips curving into a smile. I liked the fact that he seemed to remember things I've once said to him or something I had said in passing.

"Oh my goodness, Nate."

"To be honest with you... I have mentally planned out our first date for a long time. I wanted everything to be perfect for you because you deserve everything good." Nate said, smiling shyly at me. His words and smile made me want to reach across the table and placed my hand on his. No one has ever put this much effort for me, romantically I mean.

"How are you real?" I asked, my voice so soft it came off as a whisper.

"I've been asking myself the same thing ,darling. How are you real? You're so nice, soft and the most beautiful person I have ever laid my eyes on." Nate said, his words coaxing a giggle out of me. Frank Sinatra's Strangers In The Night comes on and it made everything even better. Like I was in a movie.

Nate stands from his seat and holds a hand out to me. "Can I have this dance?" he asked.

I looked at his hand and at his smiling face. My heart was beating so fast, being this close sent this tingly sensation through me and when I slipped my hand in his, the tingly feeling grew tenfold. I moved closer to him, my hands resting on his shoulders and his around my waist. He smelt so good those. Something dark, deep and musky. Jut like him.

Nate hummed along with the song and the lyrics echoed within me.

Something in your eyes was so inviting

something in your smile was so exciting

something in my heart told me I must have you

I moved closer, my arms going around his neck as kept dancing. How and why did everything fit? His hands on my waist felt like they belonged there. It felt like I was meant to be held by him and only him. I have never felt anything like this before. Something so intense and for someone I just met too.