part 12 new love

Everyone: your ...... lover?

Issei: yeah. She and I have been dating for over a month now.

Kuroka: yeah it's true. He's my dragon.

Issei: and she's my little hell cat.

Kuroka winks at Issei and he blushed. Rias's heart breaks right there and then but she puts on a fake smile.

Rias: congrats to the two of you. If you'll excuse me.

Rias leaves the room and everyone knows why including Issei but Kuroka doesn't.

Kuroka: what just happened?

Issei: sigh.....I'll tell you when the time is right.

Everyone else: 😥😥

The doctor suddenly comes in.

Doc: everyone I have some news.

Sirzechs: what is it?

The doctor immediately bows in respect and then continues.

Doc: when we were taking Issei to the ER we found him with an actual heart in his hand and we took it for testing and we checked the blood types.

Grayfia: are you saying that Issei can have a heart transplant immediately?

Doc: yes but the heart belonged to a fallen angel. Since he's a dragon I'm not sure if his body will accept it but there's a chance it'll work but the plan requires her help.

The doc gustures to Kuroka.

Kuroka: how can I help?

Doc: you used sage magic to save him correct?

Kuroka: yeah?

Doc: then we can use it to make the transplant a success but I don't know if there will be any side effects and that's where you decide if you wish for us to continue with this experimental procedure.

Issei: I'll do it.

Everyone except Kuroka: WHAT?

Issei: guys think about it. I may be a dragon but I'm not that strong. If I don't do it then I'll die. I have nothing to lose.

Akeno: are you sure about this?

Issei: I am.

Doc: then I'll prep the ER. We will begin right away. Everyone else please wait in the waiting room.

Rias is already in the waiting room and the others enter. They tell her about the procedure and she is visibly worried and terrified. Sirzechs comforts her. The surgeons and Kuroka perform the operation and it goes well. It took a few hours.

Doc: it went as well as we hoped. I'll tell them the news and he'll wake up after a while.

Kuroka: no. I'll do it.

Issei is taken to the recovery room and Kuroka goes to the waiting room.
Rias goes up to her and asks in her broken voice:

Rias: will..he..be okay?

Kuroka smiles and nods.

Everyone immediately cheers. Koneko just hugs her big sister. Rias just stands there shedding tears of joy.

Sirzechs: alright everyone I'd like to say something. Miss Kuroka, you helped saved my little brothers life and for that I'll remove your status as a stray. Consider it as a thank you from us.

Sirzechs bows to her. Kuroka is bewildered at the sight and even more so as the others bowed to her as well.

Kuroka: there's no need to thank me....I just did what I could.