part 18. training

The next day Issei teleported to the Grigori.

Azazel: ah Issei welcome to the Grigori.

Issei: thanks. It's good to be here.

As both walk around and talk about Issei's upcoming training. Another fallen angel approached them.

Azazel: yo Baraqiel. What's up?

Baraqiel: hello Azazel. I need a moment with Issei.

Azazel: sure. I'll be right back.

Azazel walks away.

Issei: so how can I help?

Baraqiel: you have done more than enough son.

Issei: beg pardon?

Baraqiel: you saved Akeno. She accepted her fallen side and she started talking to me again ever since you disappeared, she and her team were miserable and I assume it was because your absence but I do want to know how and why you disappeared.

Issei: I'll show you but please don't hate Akeno. Just know that I'm close to forgiving her.

Baraqiel was really concerned now but kept an open mind. Issei showed him his memories. Baraqiel was now hurting inside after seeing what his daughter has become or least was until a few months ago.

Baraqiel: I can't believe she would do that after all you did for her. As her father it's my duty to set her straight.

Issei: no need. She's been punished enough and you know that.

Baraqiel: you're still willing to forgive after all that they did. You continue to amaze me Issei.

Issei: I just want to move on. I was thinking about having her train with us. During her fight with Riser's queen she was just barely able to win. She needs to get stronger. I just recently became a fallen and even I'm stronger than her and her team combined.

Barqial: in that case we should train together.......did you just say that you're a fallen angel?

Issei spreads his 12 wings.

Issei: I have been for over a month now.

Baraqiel: but how?...... You were a human turned devil.

Issei: then I turned into a dragon to survive the evil piece removal and had the heart of the fallen implanted into me to replace my old damaged one.

Baraqiel: but we tried using artificial means to make fallen angels such as blood transfusion and organ transplants but the bodies always rejected them.

Issei: you need sage magic to bond the two different types of DNA.

Baraqiel: we never knew sage magic had such power.

Issei: sage users exist is very few numbers and they rarely show their abilities so it would make sense that no one thought to try it.

As the two are so engulfed by their conversation they don't even notice Azazel standing there grinning like an idiot. He was getting so much valuable info from these two.

Azazel: alright you two sorry to break up the conversation but Issei we have to go and Baraqiel so do you.

Both: right sorry.

Baraqiel goes to his office and thinks about what he saw through Issei's memories. Issei still hated Akeno and Rias for what they did and Baraqiel was truly disappointed in his daughter, how could she be so cruel for so long? Baraqiel began to cry blaming himself for not trying to be there even thought Akeno didn't want him around after what happened to her mother. He also thought about what Issei said. He's still willing to forgive her and even spend time training with her but questions why he still cares for her, no normal person would.