part 15. gift and little kitten.

Sirzechs is in his office with Grayfia the following day.

Sirzechs: I was thinking about everything that Issei went through up till now. He saved Rias again and stopped another war from breaking out between the 3 factions and nearly died if it wasn't for Kuroka. I should do something to compensate him and help Kuroka.

Grayfia: you already made Kuroka a free devil and cleared her of all charges but Issei definitely deserves something.

Sirzechs: but the question is what.

Sirzechs and Grayfia start thinking. Sirzechs takes out one of the pawn pieces he borrowed from team Rias. He just stared and it and then

Sirzechs: I GOT IT!!

Grayfia nearly clung to the ceiling from his sudden exclamation..

Grayfia: first of all. NEVER SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN. And two, got what?

She jumps down.

Sirzechs: sorry but I have an idea. Why don't we promote Issei to a high class devil? He's stronger than one and his contract reviews are through the roof. He's clearly loved by almost everyone and is already a legend in the underworld.

Grayfia: that's.... actually the perfect gift. I'm surprised your idiotic self thought of it.

She teased.

Sirzechs: I didn't see you coming up with any ideas honey. Hahaha

Shots fired.

SMACK

But Sirzechs felt the sting.

Sirzechs: ouch.

Sirzechs and Grayfia talk to ajuka and Azazel and Sona's older sister Serafall Leviathan who was a fellow devil king. All were informed of Issei's heroic actions and came to an agreement and it was decided that Issei will be promoted. As a bonus, it was also decided that Issei will be given a rare but forbidden piece, the King Piece. Why? Simple. Issei suffered for years because we was weak and nearly died several times protecting others. Years of pain and abuse caused him to snap at those who hurt him but he controlled his dragon rage, this was a feat in itself and still choose to help them in time of need even if he didn't want to. If anyone deserved this power, it was him. Never again will he be unable to protect others or himself.

Back to Issei in the morning.

Issei and Kuroka woke up, they were still in each other's arms, that alone was enough proof that they both had the best sleep of their lives so far.

Issei: morning cat.

Kuroka: morning my little dragon.

Issei: want some breakfast?

Kuroka: always. That was the best night sleep I've ever had. I honestly didn't want to get up.

Issei stretched his limbs and his wings.

Issei: same here but I'm hungry. I rarely had anything to eat since before the fight and no the gross hospital food doesn't count. I want to eat real food so I'll get started on breakfast.

Issei makes breakfast while Kuroka freshens up. Over all it was a pretty uneventful peaceful morning. Both decide to keep Issei's wings a secret for now. One more change has occured, Issei's horns released flames from normal yellow to red. As both of them finished eating Issei saw a look of confusion on Kuroka.

Issei: what's bothering you?

Kuroka snaps out her train of thought.

Kuroka: hmm? Oh it's nothing.