Chapter 3

Dinnertime rolled around, and everyone made their way down to the cafeteria. Cole nudged Jay, "Hey."

"Hi."

"So...I should probably apologise for ditching you..."

Jay laughed, "No worries, Nya showed me around."

"Okay, well normally at dinner, we either eat here, or we eat out, or we get our food and eat up in the dorms, but we gotta wait for some people. Come on."

Reluctantly, the auburn followed the taller male to the queue, where they were served with noodles and egg salad, with creamy biscuits and water. Taking their trays, they headed to the exit, where Lloyd, Nya and a guy with spiky brown hair were waiting. The guy dressed in red looked up, "Geez, about time you two showed up! Everyone else is waiting in Morro and Seliel's dorm. Let's go!"

Nya grinned when she saw Jay, "Hey!"

"Hi! That's your brother? He looks familiar to the boy in the photos."

"Yup, that's Kai. Master of Fire. Very hot-headed, cocky, but don't worry."

Ali: Might I add, protective?

They walked behind the other three, chatting excitedly, "So...you like blue?"

Nya nodded, "It's my favourite colour!"

Jay silently punched the air when she wasn't looking, "So...do you have any hobbies?" Nya asked, as they ascended the wooden steps. Jay laughed, "I dabble in a bit of everything. Poetry, lacrosse, art, writing, photography, engineering-"

"You like engineering?" Nya asked, her cheeks pink with excitement. Jay blushed and nodded, "Y-Yeah."

"This may seem odd but...I've watched lacrosse competitions with Lloyd, and it seems cool, do you think you could teach me?"

He nodded, "Sure! What are your hobbies?"

"I mean...other than engineering, I do have another hobby...promise you won't laugh?"

"I promise. What is it?" Jay was filled with eagerness. Nya laughed, "I'll show you after dinner." They caught up with Kai, Lloyd and Cole, and entered the dorm room. LED lights wrapped around the ceiling, and gave the room a purple glow. Jay could see a muscular guy with black and green hair digging into some noodles. On the other bed was a girl scrolling through her phone, her food half-eaten. She looked up, as the proper lights came on, and it was like looking into a mirror, except she had pink hair, "How long does it take to grab dinner?" She asked, twirling a chopstick around in her hand. Cole grinned and jumped on the bed next to her, "Jay, this is Seliel. Seliel, this is-"

"Jay." She finished, staring at him, before going back to her phone, "Welcome to the club."

"Um...thanks."

Cole blinked, "Anyways, you've met Kai, that's Morro, next to him is Zane, then there's Skylor and-"

"Hey, sorry! The line took forever!" A girl with blonde hair and green eyes rushed in, shutting the door behind her. Zane chuckled, "And this is Pixal, my girlfriend."

"You must be Jay. I have heard much news about you." Pixal smiled warmly at Jay, "I hope you enjoy your time here."

"Thank you."

"So, Jay, tell us about yourself!" Kai grinned, sipping some water, "Is it true you're the son of Cliff Gordon?"

Jay nervously scratched the back of his neck, "W-Well, yes..."

This seemed to peak everyone's interest, "What's he like?" Morro asked eagerly.

"Um...he's cool. He's not always around, so it was just him and my mom..."