Chapter 2

I am glad that Mr. Oh already managed most of the things to prepare for the so-called wedding because picking my wedding dress is already a pain in the ass. Mother accompanied me, no scratch that, Mother insisted to come with me because she was afraid I'll pick an ugly dress and humiliate her and Father. Well, whatever, I couldn't care but I have to do this for them.

I've already tried on 3 wedding dresses, the first one's length stopped on my knee, the second one on my feet, and the third one was so long that I can't even walk out of the dressing room without tripping. I know wedding dresses were mostly long but I am really not fond of them. The fourth one was, I think suits me, though I never really wear something that exposes my shoulder and chest, I admit it looks dashing.

"This is good Stella, I didn't know a dress will suit you. Hello, excuse me. We'll take this. Please make it quick." Mother acknowledged as if she finds it hard to believe a dress will suit me and my ugly figure.

I did not answer, nor do I have the energy to answer her. We've been out before lunch and I'm pretty exhausted. I quickly changed from my clothes and went out of the changing room.

We went home and I was shocked to see Mr. Oh in the living room, talking to my father.

"Oh, there they are. What took you so long? Is it that hard to pick a dress for Stella?" Father said as he saw us enter. I looked at Mr. Oh and for a second, his cold demeanor went off but it quickly went back in a flash that no one will notice.

"Good evening, Father." I bowed my head. I was contemplating if I should greet Mr. Oh but I was once again scolded like a kid caught eating candy from the jar.

"Bow to Mr. Oh. Where are your manners?" Mother said. What is up with them anyway? When they announced the wedding to me, it was as if they do not want me anymore and they want me out as soon as possible. But even after all of this, I never dared speak up. I never did for the 22 years of my life, what difference will it make now?

"Good evening, Mr. Oh. What brings you here?" I said as I was putting the wedding dress on the couch.

"I just signed the agreement with Mr. Kim." He said coldly and almost as if he's pushing himself to answer that question because my parents are here. Well, way to go. If you do not want to talk, I'm not pushing you to talk.

"Ah, the agreement. Right. Well, if you'll excuse me, I am gonna get changed, I'm pretty exhausted and I believe I cannot take dinner anymore. Good night everyone." I bowed as I neared the stairs and I'm pretty sure my parents are glaring at me but I couldn't care less because that guy makes me think I'm nothing but an agreement for both the companies, just like what my parents are doing.

I showered and changed into my sleeping wear. I laid down on my bed and at the same time pondering with my thoughts. This is pretty exhausting. Thinking. No matter how I think, I can't do anything.

Two weeks came by in a flash and before I knew it, I am getting my make-up and hair done for the wedding. I never really thought about marrying as I was focusing on my career, but these things that occurred to me, it feels as if I just wanna go back when all I had to think of was myself.

Various names were invited to that so-called wedding. Celebrities, musicians, and of course business tycoons are there because father wanted it to be the talk of the town. He wanted everyone to know about the merging of the two companies.

Mother invited all of her friends, she wanted to show them how big she and Father will be because of this wedding. Although it pains me the most because this is my life we're talking about, seeing Mother and Father laughing with their colleagues and smiling makes me happy too even if them being proud of me is not the reason, but because the company will be recovered, is fine with me.