Chapter 38

Sierra's POV
   We rushed out of the kitchen to see who was at the door, Bella got there before I did. Trust me, this was the last person I thought of seeing today.

"Oh my Bella, when Mrs. Sinclair told me she saw you in New York, I couldn't believe it but here you are."

"Why didn't you tell your own mother that you were back in the country and why is it so hard......." She was talking on and on until she saw me. She walked further into the house towards where I was standing. She looked at me with scornful eyes, turned around and screamed.

"Who let this gold digger into my house." I scoffed, her house? I wasn't afraid to stand up to her but as I was about to speak Gabriel beat me to it.

"Mum first off this is not your house. You know that." He spoke to her with his hands on her shoulders leading her away from me. Thank God, cause I was at the verge of slapping her.

"And secondly you can't call the woman I love a whore." After he made that statement the whole room went cold quiet. The look on Mrs. Giovannis face was that of pure shock and absolute disdain. She looked like someone poured a glass of cold water all over her, which rendered her speechless.

At that point I didn't know what to do or how to react to the whole situation, the only thing I could do was walk out of the room, I knew he would want time to talk with his mother. I quietly walked out of the room and Bella was right behind me. With her hands placed on her mouth.

"What is mom even doing here, she's so dramatic." She said while trying to walk at the same pace beside me. I knew what she wanted to ask but I wasn't really in the mood for a Q & A session right now. Why did she actually hate me? I did nothing to her, none that I know of atleast. And she was hardly ever around at Gabriel's place so there was no way for me to get in her nerves.

I sat down on a chair in the kitchen, with my hands over my face. I could feel someone's gaze which was most probably Bella's burning into my face.

"Okay, I know you're burning with questions." I looked up and said to her.
"So, ask away. I'm ready now."

"Uhmm, I don't really know what to ask." She said running her hand behind her neck too. She was so similar to her brother.

"Okay, I'll just ask this. What happened?" Should I really tell her the truth? She didn't know about her brothers accident and I don't know if I was the right one to explain the situation to her.

"You know what Bella, I'm not ready yet. Let's, you know wait for your brother and then we'll tell you everything together. Okay?" I told her feeling I wasn't the one who was meant to give her the details on this whole fiasco, as it was the accident that brought us together.

She responded with the nod of her head. "Okay" she then said with a smile.

Some minutes had passed before Gabriel walked back into the kitchen where we had been seated. I immediately got up from my seat and went towards him. Asking him questions with my eyes.

"She's gone, for now atleast. I tried to calm her down but she doesn't want to listen. She left on her own accord." He told both of us.

"I'm sorry, I don't want to come in between you and your mother." I said to him in all honesty. He's mum might be a mean woman but she was still his mother, step or not. Gabriel came in for a hug and I hugged him back, cause I needed the energy boost, forgetting Bella was still in the room.

"Aww, this is cute and all but I'm still lost, you know. You guys owe me an explanation. How does mum know Sisi and why was she so angry about her being here."

Gabriel went towards her and patted her hair, "you know you can't continue doing that to escape situations. I want to know what's going on too." She asked pouting like a little kid.