Chapter Seven: Under things theft

This chapter is for my darlings Xaharau, hawwa_mm and hawie_a y'all are God sent. God bless you.

Happy Reading.

I keep swallowing the expensive Ben's and Jerry's ice cream we were given as souvenir at the Kamu I attended yesterday. I don't even look Abdul's way, I instead stick my short spoon for another scoop of ice cream.

"Can't you hear me?" I finally raise my eyes to look at him. "What did you say?" I ask stupidly. I pat myself on the back, the acting was superb.

"Don't sit there acting stupid Labeebah. You transferred all that money, even cancelled the account. Why kind of human does that? Ehn? Tell me. How am I supposed to pay for the wedding when you take all the money." I don't say a word, I just keep scooping the chocolatey goodness into the spoon and into my mouth next.

"Aren't you going to answer me?" I lean against the sofa, smiling like I didn't hear a word. He throws his hands up and leaves the room, my face changes immediately he leaves. If he were full of fake apologies, I might have listened, but slapping me over money and a wife he hasn't even married yet? I'll show him how I act on set.

When he came home yesterday night, he came straight to my door banging it over and over, shouting for me to come out. I remember laughing and bolting the door harder, letting him know that I intentionally refused to open the door.

I finally get up from the chair I'm sitting on and go into my room to take a shower, i have an afternoon photoshoot and i need to be there early. People seem to judge popular people harder than regular people due to their popularity, they expect calm in the face of disrespect and expect angel behaviour always.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I walk to the standing wardrobe, its in a brown fine finish wood, I slide the lowest drawer open and frown. Three panties are missing from here, I frown again and walk to the bathroom to my circular plastic panty hanger to find it empty too, meaning five panties have gone missing.

I walk to my bed and find it in spite of the growing dread I feel in my lower belly. It grows like a fire to my throat and I'm soon gasping for air. Who could have stolen my underwear? I walk around the room, opening drawers and shutting them in hopes of misplacement, after pulling on a brand new set I got out from my travel box.

I pick up my phone after I have searched every nook of my room. "Abdul, did you take any underwear from my room?" He says no and asks me why I'm asking.

"I can't find about five of my panties. Did you leave the backdoor open?" I ask again, baffled. "No. You sure you didn't wear them out?" I blink my lashes over and over, i can't believe my ears.

"What do you mean? They are my underwear, I would know if I wore them out." He hisses and ticks his tongue before saying the most ridiculous thing I've heard in the longest while.

"If you don't find them don't bother oo, because Allah has finally let your sins catch up with you. You philandering woman." I scoff and end his call before he tampers with my energy, I do not have time for rubbish.

I quickly put some moisturizing cream on my palms and rub them into my skin, while doing so, I walk to the mirror to check out my skin. The product boasted of helping me enliven my already perpetually dry skin, I look again and nod, at least I won't be looking ashy.

******

"Have you found them?" I stop peeling the yam and shake my head, moving forward to turn down the heat under the pot of sardine stew I'm making. Abdul likes his boiled yam with sardine stew and I've come to like it over time.