Chapter Thirty Nine: Shoots

Hey guys, warmest welcome to this chapter. I had trouble writing  this chapter because emotions ran high and then low. I'm also pleading here and now for you all to please vote and COMMENT on the chapter. I'll be grateful and I'll reply.❣️

Cardi B- Be careful

"Let's get this photoshoot out of the way first."

I shook my head and walked back to the arranged set to sit in a swing, while dressed in a black, long sleeved turtle neck top, a cream rain pleated skirt, heels and a full turban, my second outfit. The first was a mustard sleeveless suit that I wore a long sleeve white turtle necked top with white heels.

The photographer calling my attention took me out of the reverie I was in.

Bashir Bakura wants to meet me? I need a break first to think.

"Smile please." I automatically widened my lips into a beautiful spread. She gave me a thumbs up and snapped away. Huda went to the stereo in the corner and fiddled with it, Brown skin girl by Beyoncé flowed out of the speakers prompting me into a smile, my skin is one of those things I'm grateful to Allah for the most, beautiful, dark as chocolate, supple skin.

I blushed, letting an even wider smile frame my face as I heard Beyoncé croon on and on about how beautiful my skin is and how powerful I am. I stepped off the swing and in a feeling moment, I twirled with my still wide smike, Showing off my pop socks and sparkly heels that encased my feet.

"That was perfect! Perfect!" I bowed slowly at the praise. My body is a miracle, here I am, bowing, happy, dancing, and taking photos. When just over a month ago I just left the wheelchair and began using the crutches.

Jibike put so much effort into helping me walk again before I found out my father sent her. Calling him father seems far fetched, like something I cannot seem to grasp, I refused to call Kawu my father because I thought I'd lost my father to the plane crash with my mom. Turns out, I still have a father and I really do not know what to do with myself.

I haven't fully grasped that he birthed me together with my mum and he wants to see me? I don't know about it. It's a little too early, I mean I scoured the internet for all the news I could get on him. I flicked- more like stalked- through his children's social media accounts and saw how close he is with his wife and family, I don't want to break that balance.

At all. I do not want to be the other woman, or daughter, in my case.

"Madam, you've gone again." I raised a brow at Huda who was scowling at me in mock anger. I smile disarmingly at her, making her huff away to her place behind the photographer. I face the camera again and make a face, with my left arm raised and my right arm hugging my torso. I've zoned out so many times these days so when Huda stalks to me, I dont falter, I deserve it.

"Stop zoning away. Stay here so we can take full advantage of the daylight and we can leave early!" I bit my lower lip and exhale. I nod and she moves away from me.

"By the way, Kaka and Aunty Hanna are awaiting at home, the quicker you finish, the faster we can leave." I laughingly nodded and turned to the photographer again. I'm here now.

*****

"He's reasonable man."

I sighed and burrowed further into Ma's arms. She put her arms around me more, making me smile. She knows I want comfort.

"I know you think you need to give him space, but think of how he's feeling, knowing he has a child somewhere and cannot reach her because she's worried he might hurt her. He has assured me, he won't outstay his welcome, he just needs to see your face." I shut my eyes in my place in Ma's arms. Kaka's approval means a lot to me, since in past few months I've heard stories of how she raised her children when my maternal grandfather died and left her about six hundred million naira in debt.