Let's talk tomorrow

" I am leaving after this term. " Faith replies avoiding eye contact.

I quickly grab a seat cause it feels like my knees would give way soon.

"But I thought your dad in Nigeria for the main time? " I ask. My voice is very low as I feel my heart shatter into tiny pieces.

"He isn't moving us the cause of official matters. He just doesn't vibe this place and says he needs a change of environment. " She replies. Anger in her voice. She doesn't want to go.

"So where are you guys going this time? " I question. Trying to ignore the heavy pain in my chest caused by sadness.

"London," she replies looking at me.

"Oh, It's a nice place," I reply. This time feeling my eyes sting.

"Hey don't cry, we would talk over the phone, and video call and a bunch of other stuff. " Faith sates as she jumps off the table to embrace me in a warm hug.

"It won't be the same! " I point out withdrawing from the hug. This time letting my tears flow. 

"You know I'm not one for tears." She states as she removes a clean hand from her pocket to wipe my tears. She always has one with her.

"Besides, SHA is starting its transfer project next term. You could get picked and you may like the new school better than this one and can even start afresh as you have always wanted," she states.

The SHA transfer project is a new thing that just got introduced to the school. The school has successfully built another branch in town and would be selecting students from this branch to help start up the new one. We would all still be SHA students and all, but studying at different locations.

I honestly don't want to leave but, what choice do I have. If I get chosen, good, and if not, fine.

Faith and I spend the rest of the break discussing and I narrate the whole Nathaniel event to her. She laughs at some parts and tells me she sees no problem with Nathaniel. She says to me that if I want to get all serious with Nathaniel, I should make it official as soon as I get the chance.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I know I have a thing for Victor, but waiting for someone who is out to hurt me is a big 'Don't' right?  I'd rather stick to Nathaniel and accept him if he asks. After all, unlike Victor, he cares about my feelings and has always been there when I needed him.

So the only issue now is to wait for him to ask. Dear Lord, I am not ready for any more drama. So please let the rest of SS1 if not my whole school life, go smoothly.

I return home to my brothers Austin and Simon fighting over the remote in the living room. Boys!

On sighting me, Simon decides to greet me in his language. Insults.

"Shortie! How far? How was school? " he greets.

I look at him angrily as I hate being called short. I look at brother Austin who is the oldest at home currently.

"Don't say that Simon. That's rude! " Austin corrects causing me to smirk at Simon.

"You don't call her short. She isn't short, she is brief. Call her brief! " Austin adds at the last moment. Causing Simon to laugh so hard, he falls to the ground and my smile drops into a frown.

I make my way past them banging my legs against the hard tiles as I walk.

Sometimes, I feel like making those boys wear skirts and dance in their schools. Just so they know what embarrassment and harsh comments feel like.

I enter my room to find Bummi asleep on her bed. Her quantitative assignment beside her. She has always hated that subject, and Maths, and basic tech, basically anything that includes calculations.

I drop my bag and take off my clothes. Left in my underwear, I take her assignment and help her with it. Before dropping it back where I took it.

I head into the restroom with my soundbox playing Romeo and Juliet by Johnny Drille. I love that song. Although it sinks better when you are in love and not broken I am.

Once out of the restroom, Bummi is no longer on her bed nor in the room. I head to my wardrobe and pick out big shorts and an even bigger shirt. Bagi is kinda my thing. Don't judge me, big shirts are cool, comfy, and dope.

I comb my afro and leave it to stand without braiding or doing anything to it. The hair needs to rest!

I pick up my phone and head to the messenger. One new message from Nathaniel Briggs.

*Hey beautiful*

I blush on seeing this but there is no way I would call him handsome. Just not yet.

* Hey Curly* I reply

*curly? *  He replies instantly and our chat begins;

*yh* I reply

*How did I get the name curly? * He replies

* Excuse me, have you met your hair? * I send

*oh* He replies in the realization

* That's your new name from me* I send

*curly. Sound cool...Ish. No P. I like it * He replies

* It's official then! * I reply whilst giggling

*I need to tell you something * He sends

* sure, what is it? * I quiz

*not over the phone, how about tomorrow? * He sends

*kk* I reply

* BRB. Gotta go offline. Chat later * he sends and I smile.

* Alright,  chat later * I reply

With this, he goes offline and I do the same. I begin to smile and suddenly it hits me. What if he wants to ask me out? 

My smile expands. Just then Bummi enters the room and wraps me in a tight hug. Thanking me for her assignment. I hug her back and throw her on the bed and our tickle contest begins.

I'm not just happy cause of my little Bummi but because of Nathaniel.

What could he want to tell me?