My crumbling world;.....

My now perfect world began to crumble one Friday afternoon when I get home from school.

At the dining table where my siblings, I, and my mother are having lunch, my mother announces that we would be joining my father in Lagos the following month.

My fork falls out of my fingers onto my ceramic plate and produces a loud clang sound. Everyone looks at me in shock. I seem to be the only person who is upset about this.

Bummi is excited to start afresh because, in her current school, she is frequently bullied by some students and teachers. Simon on the other hand is a University student who has little to lose, Austin is about to start serving in a northern state and also has little to lose. And my mom? She believes her business would grow bigger if she moves to Lagos.

And me? I have spent six years in SHA. Six fu*king years! I may not have mentioned it, but my class is like family. I share a bond with everyone. Even Victor for some reason has started treating me much better than he used to. I was told the family would be moving after my senior exams! And now?

How do I leave everything? My school, friends, babies (real babies. My neighbor's kids, and a few other babies I know).  Dina, Silvy, my memories, but most importantly, how do I leave Jacob?

The spaghetti I had consumed begins to dance around in my tummy as tears well up in my eyes. Yep!  There is no denying this. I have been jinxed never to find happiness.

I stand up promptly and run up the stairs. Tears cascading down my face. I slam the door to my room shut and tears begin to pour at will. I sit on the floor and cry my heart out and sleep off there.

Jacob and I have become friends and truth be told,  I am into Jacob. He is all I have ever asked for and even more. I tell them about my mother's announcement and they all seem sad about it. By them I mean; Jacob, Amy, and my other friends at church.
I also inform Dina and Silvy. Dina feels very upset when I inform her and I get her pain.

Jacob invites me on an outing. Although a part of me tells me this is a date, I have to back out cause it's far, my mom won't let me go out with strangers, and a bunch of other reasons.

I am in my living room browsing when I get a message request on messenger.
I check it out and find a message from  Jacob Andrews.

"Watsup" it reads.

"Hey "I replied in excitement.
"So about the outing? "
"Did you say airport road???"
"If so, sorry but I can't make it"
"Not that I don't want to, but it too far *cry emoji*"
I send five messages at a go. Wow! I type just as much as I talk!

'No, we aren't going there anymore... We'll just make it inside town... Because of you*smile emoji*"
"Hold up, did you say you don't go out on weekends? " he replies instantly and I hop around in excitement.

"Yeeepeee" I reply to his first reply.
"No" I reply to the second.

"So you do? " he asks to confirm.

"The weekend sounds good to me" I assure him.

"Cool"
"Do you know how hard it was to find you on Facebook? I used every form of your name I knew. "
"Then I just had to try this and look what we have here... *laugh emoji*" he replies all together and I can't help but laugh.

"Too hot to handle. A real gem. "
"*laugh and kiss emoji"
"Lucky you" I send three messages at once. I sure am feeling chicky today... lol.

"I could handle you... I do that every day we see. "
"Lucky me" He replies to the last message I sent.

I am thrown aback by the second to the last message he sent and I can't help but laugh.

"Really? Tell me more" I reply to it as I have no idea what else to say to that.
"Lol," I add.

"I won't... You already know how awesome you are. You just want me to tell you. I won't make your head bigger*laugh emoji*" He replies.
I go over this message more than six times. Did he just type that?  Seriously? 

I begin dancing around the living room.
"Damn" I send when I realize I hadn't replied to him but was busy dancing about it for the last two minutes.

"yep," he replies.

"You indirectly insulted and complimented me. " I send in a bid to bury my excitement and change the topic.

"Is that what I did... I didn't know"  He relies on. lol. He deliberately did that. I begin to laugh at myself.

I send him an angry emoji although I am laughing.

"Brb" he sends and I don't mind as my phone's battery is begging to be charged.

I go offline and connect my phone to its charger while I run off to my room to make another diary entry and to sing and dance in the shower.

Later today, I pick up my phone and find a message from him;
"So you'll be leaving us soon... Damn... It's been on my mind since. "

I feel tears well up in my eyes after reading this. " It bugs me more than it does you. " I reply honestly.

"Just when I wanted to start spending time with you. "
"You do know I like you right? " he sends.

"Aww. I'm blushing" I reply to his first message.

My heart stops when I read his second message and I'm forced to ask;
"As a friend or...."
"I know that sounds stupid but just answer. "

"More than a friend... I thought it was obvious. " He replies.

"It was but I kept brushing it aside. " I reply honestly. There were times I suspected it but how on earth could someone so perfect like me?

"Yep"
"Now you know"
"It's hard not to like u"
"You're incredibly beautiful, smart, and amazing... It's cute when u annoy me also. "
"*heart emoji*" He sends all at once and I can't believe my eyes. I even lock my screen and reopen it to be sure I'm seeing right.

"I did not think or believe it was true."
"I thought my head was playing with me. " I begin to confess. Then it hits me. What if all this is one sick, cruel joke? 

"Now I'm dead srs. "
"R u joking? If u are, then know it is a very expensive one. " I reply and I gulp hard anticipating a laughing emoji from him and a message admitting that he's joking.

"I'm not"
"I like u"
"A lot"
"But the question is"
"Do u also like me? " he sends.
I start dancing about and squealing in excitement. Seeing me now, one would think I just found a signed blank check.

I send eight love eyes emojis, seven kiss emojis, and six red heart emojis to him as I do not have words to describe my happiness.

"No, say it" He demands.

"Yes, I do. " I reply.
I quickly go offline and fully begin shaking violently around my room. I won't call it dancing but rather an epic display of madness.

Jacob just said what I have been longing to hear! My prince Charming likes me back! He.

Wait! Why am I happy? This month is ending soon and I'm meant to leave all this, next month. 
How did I forget my world is crumbling?

I sit on my bed and tears find their way down my face. Oh Jade, you just might be suffering a serious love jinx.