Chapter~27

.

Zhan's weak health had improved quite a lot, so within a week he was stable enough to get out of bed and walk around,but still not stable enough to continue his studies in the university. He was still kind of traumatized because of his bad experience in that hell hole. Yibo did his best in taking care of zhan. His every single need was fullfilled within a blink of an eye by book or crook by yibo. Sometimes zhan would have nightmares during his sleep about his experience in haoxuan's dungeon and would break into a wave of cold sweat. Yibo would hug him tightly to calm him down, shushing him and uttering words of comfort. Zhan would wake up with a jerk and break into fresh tears. Yibo would just tightly engulf him in his arms and let him cry everything out until he falls into a slumber again. It worried yibo really badly. After zhan would fall asleep after these episodes, yibo would just sit upright while staring into zhan's tired sleeping face, with his cheeks streaked with dried out tears, and chew his nails out of existence wondering what can stop zhan having these nightmares.

Tonight was one such night. It was about 1:00am at night. Yibo didn't fall asleep yet. He was sitting with his back on the headrest, reading a book in the dim light of the bedside lamp. His one hand was holding up the book and the other hand was being hugged by zhan who was sleeping beside yibo while hugging his arm.

Yibo was reading peacefully, until he felt zhan's grip on his hand tighten. He snapped his book shut and looked towards his side.

Zhan was shaking again. Beads of sweat covered his forehead with a scared expression on his dashing features, murmuring words which were inaudible. Yibo threw away his book to god knows were, it might have landed on the floor but yibo couldn't care less as his only concern was the beloved man beside him who was squirming as the nightmares were hitting his mind.

"Shit....not again.." Yibo said and hugged zhan tightly while gently rubbing his back, engulfing him in his warmth.

"Zhanzhan....bunny...its alright...I'm here...wake up.." Yibo softly said in zhan's ear. After few moments zhan woke up and started sobbing in yibo's nightshirt. Yibo sighed. He just hugged him tightly. What can he do to make it stop!? He can't see the person he loves so much break down bit by bit like this.

After 5 mins, zhan finally stopped crying. But this time, he didn't fall asleep like usual. He slightly pulled away from yibo's arms and looked at his lover's handsome features. Yibo cupped his cheeks.

"Are you okay? Do you want to sleep now?" Yibo said softly while wiping zhan's tears.

"Can u take me to the balcony? I need some fresh air to calm myself down..." Zhan said in a low voice. Yibo didn't need being told twice. He jerked up from the bed and scurried over to zhan's side of the bed and helped him out of the bed. Zhan smiled.

"You know, i am stable enough to walk by myself." Zhan said and chuckled.

"I wont take risks, love." Yibo said.

They entered the balcony and went near the railing. It was a beautiful peaceful night with a breeze caressing their skin. Even though it was night, shanghai was never calm. The lights were glowing in the tall buildings like colorful stars.

 The lights were glowing in the tall buildings like colorful stars