An Introduction To The Waynes

-I love me some dialogue :)-

 "Dark hair, serious faces, you always look related. Think of how awkward that makes it for me: the one with pale skin, red hair and freckles!" Barbra sighed, sweeping out the foyer. "I look like Misty from Pokemon, and you the rest of you are the Addams family."

"We're not that Macabre!" Tim argued. "We do smile."

"You and Dick smile." She countered. "And Jason when he lights fires... "

"He doesn't light fires that much."

"You never had to babysit him. You're always at your school club meetings, you're hardly around your brother."

"I see everyone enough, I still live at home!"

"Duh, you're fifteen!" Barbra emptied the dustpan. "You just don't babysit Cassie and Dick, you don't offer to help with dinner, you don't help Jay with homework, you rarely participate in movie nights...It's summer break! What are you doing all day?"

"I'm with friends!" Tim defended, he was fifteen and didn't like sticking around his family 24/7.

"WHAT FRIENDS?"

"ONLINE FRIENDS!"

"I REST ME CASE!"

"Both of you." Damian stated threateningly. The power of the eldest sibling was not needing to finish a threat to discourage their siblings. Damian wasn't excited about the league's miniature replicas watching them over the summer. Unlike the others, he was internalizing that anger, it was hard enough trying to manage his siblings without five more youth driving him crazy.

"I'm ten months younger than you, don't boss me around." Babs was pissed at being yanked out of her joking world, and thrust into the one where she was about to be babysat be people her own age. 

"Where're Cassie and Dickie?" Tim asked. "I haven't seen them since, like, eleven?" the other two looked at her. The redhead sighed, she was the only one Cassie would talk to, and Dick trusted her a lot. She was automatically chosen to find them. 

It took a little work, but she eventually found the two, sitting on the floor of Dick's room, chatting. Well, Dick was chatting, and Cass was replying with a couple words here and there.

"And he said she was ugly, and- so I told the teacher, and he got in SO much trouble, so he started saying that- HI BABS!" He noticed her with a gap-toothed grin. Dick had just lost a tooth and was very proud of it.

"Hi you two, they're arriving in about ten minutes, are you ready?" The redheaded girl asked. 

"YEAH!" Dick nodded excitedly, his thick hair bouncing enthusiastically on his forehead.

"Yes." Cassandra answered quietly. She really wasn't, but knew there was no point in protesting something that was already going to happen.

"Awesome, do you guys need anything to get ready?" both kids shook their heads. "Dickie, you might want to change your shirt before they get here."

"Why?" Dick looked down at his popsicle-stained t-shirt, he saw nothing amiss.

She was too old to make fun of him, like Jason did, but she was still engaged enough to give constructive criticism. "Just... trust me, it's look better." She turned to Cassandra. "Cassie, wanna talk a little before they get here?"

She nodded slightly and followed Barbra out. Dick pouted and changed into a pink hand-me-down t-shirt. He liked pink, but never wore it at school cause kids teased him. speaking of kids teasing him...

"Ayo, Little d!" Jason slapped the top of the doorframe. "you excited to have guests over?" Dick nodded. "Really? you're excited to have a bunch of teenage strangers living in the house? What if they're murderers?"

"They aren't." Dick replied.

"Really? How do you know?" His brother asked ominously. "what if they're the villains? Like... Two face? Or Joker?"

Fear passed over Dick's face. He tried to toughen up, sticking out his chin. "They aren't!"

"What if they are? what if they kill Damian?"

"No."

"...Then Babs... then Timmy..."

"Stop, They won't!"

"...then me, then Cassie..." Jason put on a dramatically terrified face. "...Then You."

"STOP!" Dick shouted, running out of his room past Jason, who grabbed the collar of his shirt.

Jason grinned, holding his brother's shirt. "OoOh, I'm going to kill you, Dick Grayson! I'm going to Kill You! I'm going you Skin you-"

The door down the hall opened. "What- Jesus, Jason." Barbra sighed. "You're fourteen! He's seven! Grow up!" Downstairs, there was a loud knocking at the door. "Great, they're here! everyone downstairs!"