Control Freaks

-Why Aren't I updating my main book? WRITER'S BLOCK!-

"Babs said I could pick!" Dick managed to grab the remote and changed the channel.

"Hey- I was watching that!" Jason argued, snatching the remote back.

"But she said I could!" Dick grabbed the remote, wrestling his much-older brother for it.

"Oh, Barb said you could have screen time, and suddenly your a control freak?" Jason cackled at his own pun.

"What? Why are you laughing?"

"It's a joke, Dickie, control freak, as in remote control!"

"Oh. yeah." Dick didn't get it. "Give it!"

"let me finish the episode!" Jason turned up RuPaul's just to spite him.

"No! She said I could, so you have to give it!"

"Barbra doesn't own me, I'll give you the remote when I'm finished!"

"That's not fair!" The seven year old shouted, indignantly.

Jason felt a prime older-sibling moment was handed to him on a silver platter. "Life isn't fair."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry about Dick, he thinks you guys are really cool." Barbra lead them up the stairs.

"No, no, he's adorable." Ms. Martian replied.

"Right, well, if he starts getting on your nerves, I can talk to him." She smiled. "Or maybe I'll just make Tim do it."

"Hey! You're the emotionally mature one!"

"Bold of you to assume-"

Aqualad shook his head. "Thank you for the offer, but I'm sure we won't need it."

"Really, cute kid." Kid Flash added. "But, who's that other one? Carrie, I think?"

"Huh? Oh you mean Cassandra!" Barbra laughed. "Sorry, we know a Carrie, and she's- never mind. But yeah, Cassie has been getting pretty good with people..."

"Compared to how she was last year, yeah!" Tim smiled, proud of his kid sister.

"Well, yeah, by our standards she's good with people..." Barbra chuckled a little. "Don't be offended if she doesn't talk to you, she doesn't talk to most people. She rarely even talks to us and our dad."

"Oh, is she... really shy, or...?" Ms. Martian asked.

Barbra shook her hair, managing to separate her hair from her overheating neck and collar. "Look up selective mutism if you need to know more. But, for the most part, if she has something important she wants you to know, she'll tell me or Dick."

"Oh. Neat, good to know!" The redheaded speedster was being really chill with all this.

"Sorry, you guys wanted to see the upstairs?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Busy arguing, Dick spotted a hand waving at the edge of his peripheral. He turned to face his sister, who'd been waving for their attention. Quite eloquently, she signed: --Shut Up. Be Quiet. I cannot think.--.

"Sorry." Dick stated.

She sighed lightly and left the room.

"Hey, Cassie, can you get me a Coke?" Jason called. 

He glanced over his shoulder just in time to see her sign: -- Not for you.-- and flip him off. Just because Cassie didn't (usually) speak in front of Jason didn't mean she wasn't comfortable putting him in his place. Proof that you can have Selective Mutism, co-existing with Social Anxiety Disorder, and still fuck with your annoying siblings.

Jason regretted encouraging her to be sassy.

Dick turned his focus back on his brother. "Give it, or I'm telling!"

"Wow, you're gonna tattle on me? Is that gonna make you look cool?" Jason shoved him back. "I was going to give you the remote at the end of this episode, but since you're being a brat, you can have it at the end of Next episode!" Dick gave him a hearty kick to the thigh, which didn't really hurt. "Ow! Bitch!"

"I'm telling Dami!"

"Oh no, The big bad demon!" Jason said sarcastically, emptying Cheeto crumbs into his mouth.

Furious, Dick stormed to the gym, Bruce didn't want him showing it the guests. To his surprise, the oldest Wayne sibling wasn't there. He must be in his room. Dick ran to the stairs and stomped up them. Down the hallway, they were showing the three teens where the secondary stairs lead.

"Dickie, no stomping." Barbra reminding. Dick gave her his best glare, and pounded on Damian's door.

"What is it, Richard?" Damian's voice called, he could recognize all his siblings' footsteps and knocks. Dick continued to pond on the door until the eldest answered, now somewhat frustrated. "What?"

"Babs said I could have the TV for screen time, but Jay won't give me the remote!" Dick said it with al the importance of such a severe situation.

Damian sighed heavily. "Tell him Sasha Velour won."

Dick frowned. "What does that mean?"

"Just tell him: 'Sasha Velour wins', and tell him that I told you to tell him."

Confused, Dick returned downstairs, Jason was watching a couple contestants lip-sync for their lives, and Cassie was sipping her own drink, staring at what she'd written.

"Hey Jason." He said.

"You can't have the remote." 

"Dami told me to tell you that Sash Velour wins."

There was a pause, and Jason swore loudly. "WHAT? THAT BITCH! I'M ONLY ON EPISODE SIX!" He leapt up and ran out to fight his eldest brother, shouting obscenities. 

Cass covered her mouth in amusement as Dick clambered over the couch and grabbed the remote and switched to another show. "Nice." She hissed.

"It worked!" Dick grinned, flipping on Richie Rich. "Wanna watch with me?"

She shook her head, turning back to what she was doing. "Soon."

"Kay!"