Chapter 16: Burning Bridges

We are finally at the Kannabi Bridge mission...Yay..(sobs) This chapter will contain a scene from Naruto Shippuden Ninja Storm Revolution game and the Kakashi Chronicles episodes. (I did change it up a bit to make more sense with the show and the beginning clip)

A couple of months later

A deep blue color and some light green colored the sky in the moments before dawn in Konoha. The surrounding mountains dark in the still early morning, looming over the still sleeping village.

"Are you ready?" Minato asked his team assembled in front of the Konoha gates.

"Hai!" The four chorused back, standing in a straight line.

Minato smiled and lifted his gaze up, his arms propped up on his hips in his usual fashion, "Kushina...see you soon." He called back to his wife standing just behind the four who turned around to face her.

Kushina gave a firm nod, a gentle smile on her lips. She directed her eyes down to the now four chunin, "Alright, be careful. And do your best you guys!" Ahsoka, Kakashi, and Rin nodded- only leaving Obito to stare off to the side with a pout.

"And you Obito..." Kushina drawled.

The boy snapped his head towards her before responding with a snarky 'what?!' Kushina leaned down to his height scowling, pointing a finger right in front of his face.

"You are clumsy and you are hasty, and you are blundering fool too. And add knucklehead to the list! So be doubly careful out there!" Kushina stood up to her full height, not taking her eyes off the boy who frowned, "Because if you come back injured, you'll get more than my fist! Got that?!"

Obito's eyes widened in shock at Kushina's words before he smirked, understanding, "Heh," He took a step forward, "Who do you think I am anyway?! I'm gonna become Hokage, Lord Obito Uchiha."

His team watched the encounter from the background, all looking almost worried except Kakashi who looked bored, "Please...There's nothing to worry about! I'll make the mission a success!" His team lightened up at that, smiles slowly appearing on their faces.

"And then..." Obito threw a punch forward, "Come back with everyone without a scratch!" He lowered his fist and leaned back, "That's a promise!" A wide grin made it's way to his face.

Kushina made a startled sound, as if the words had shocked her, but then a slight smile grew on her face. She gave a firm nod and held up a fist, "Hm! You better keep that promise!" The two looked at each other and started giggling.

Soon enough Kushina was watching the team walk away. Ahsoka, Rin and Obito turned around to wave at her as she waved back, and she'd wait patiently for all of them to return as she always did....But fate had different plans.

The wind howled in Obito's ears as he leaped from branch to branch as fast as he could, 'At this rate they'll kill me for sure!' He had gone off to get water and accidentally got lost...yep the team was going to kill him for making them wait.

Obito continued focusing ahead with a hard stare, not noticing the vine in the branch he had landed on, "UWAAAAH!!" Obito cried out as he flew through the air, his foot tugging free from the vine.

The boy crash landed on the ground, his rolling coming to a stop as his body painfully skidded across the dirt. He groaned in pain before he heard footsteps stopping right in front of him, causing him to lift up his head in surprise.

"You're late again, Obito," Kakashi stared down at the Uchiha with crossed arms, "How long does it take you to go get water? We should have been long gone by now!" Kakashi placed his hands on his knees as he leaned down.