CLOUDS

[TWO WEEKS LATER]

"Happy one year!" Liam shouted. I groaned and rolled over in bed. "Get up, get up, it's a big day," Liam said. I rolled over again to face him and smiled brightly.

Today meant it had officially been 365 days since I met the boys.

It had been an entire year.

"Good morning," I laughed. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes, asking, "has it really been a year already?"

"Yes, now get up," Liam said, "big day!"

"Big day," I repeated. I threw the blanket off of myself and reached for my prosthetic leg. I slipped it on quickly, per Liam's request to hurry up come on we need to go downstairs RIGHT NOW COME ON PEACHES LETS GO!

I stumbled over a suitcase on my way out the door. FOUR had been released a week ago, and tour was already starting tomorrow.

Tonight was the last night of being here.

I slid down the banister and Liam jogged downstairs. He nodded for me to walk into the kitchen, which I did without second thought.

I flipped the light on.

"SURPRISE!" Niall yelled. He popped up from behind the counter with a giant grin. Louis, Harry and Zayn popped up as well, doing jazz hands.

"A surprise party?" I asked.

"Obviously," Louis said.

"Hm, I wonder what the party is for..." I trailed off playfully, "oh, look, it says right here on the cake. Happy one year of One Direction!" I swiped my finger in the corner of the frosting to prove my point.

"Are we just going to stand here or are we gonna give her a hug?" Harry asked.

The boys rushed to me, then. I was in the middle of a tight group hug, being rocked back and forth and squeezed for all that I had.

One year of the most amazing brothers anyone could ask for.

"Presents?" Louis asked.

"I told you guys not to get me anything," I reminded.

I had made it abundantly clear that I loved the boys, and that everything they had done for me in the last year was gift enough.

"Boo hoo," Liam laughed. The boys pulled away from the hug. The boys, minus Louis, slipped away into the living room.

Louis grabbed my hips and lifted me onto the counter. "Stay," he said.

"Don't talk to me like I'm a dog," I laughed. He squeezed my hips once, and held up his hand to get me to stay.

Then, like the other boys, he disappeared as well.

I sat on the counter and looked at the empty doorway.

And then, just for a moment, I found myself remembering everything that happened in this kitchen.

When Liam found me after a nightmare the first night I was here. When I told the boys all of my past I could manage to speak. When Eleanor and Louis fought over me. Harry and I talking about Donte while I made spaghetti, and the time Niall held me while I broke down after I realized I wasn't fine. I smiled fondly when I noticed a bit of flour still on the fridge from when Zayn and I tried to make cookies and it turned into a flour fight.

It had been a year full of memories.

"Close your eyes!" Niall called. A second passed. "Are they closed?"