1. Have a Good Day

"It was a drunken mishap," Miss Hansen said as she rearranged her cards. "He's just like his father."

"Playboy," Mrs Martha nodded from across the table.

"The mother died during childbirth, too, the poor girl," Mrs Lin added.

"Oh, that's horrible," Mrs Johnson commented.

Alright. So, these ladies had been talking about our main guest and I couldn't be more nervous.

First of all, I shouldn't be here. I should be looking out for Mr Jackson on the porch or else he would be smoking another pack of cigarettes. I was only here because the girl who supposed to be looking out for these ladies went to the bathroom. Maybe.

Second of all, today would be the first day in almost a year that we got to have fun in this nursing home. As a volunteer who only came here every weekend, I couldn't feel happier to finally see these ladies and gentlemen laughed and had a good time for once. I rarely saw any of them laughed out loud like they just did a couple of hours ago.

Then, finally, in almost a year, this nursing home had someone doing a charity event for. Also, a big one. Wayne Enterprises didn't usually do charities for nursing homes. They usually did it for orphanages and schools. The volunteers here could never be more thankful that for once we might just get paid a little.

Nevertheless, everyone was still having a good time. Most of the old ladies were trying to charm the gorgeous DEA agent just as much as most of the female caregivers and volunteers. The old gentlemen were singing and drinking, safely.

Back to these ladies...

These ladies were queens of trash talks. They hadn't stopped talking about our guest since the second I arrived here.

"How old is he again?" Miss Hansen asked. "Romania, how old is he?"

"I believe he's supposed to be twenty five this year, Miss Hansen," I replied.

"See," Miss Hansen chuckled. "You'd be lucky if you're not still single by that time, Romania. Or you'll be just like me."

That would be in three years. The thought terrified me.

"He's the good looking one. I'm sure the girl is not his only child," Mrs Lin added.

I half glared uncomfortably at the other volunteer who stood a few feet away from me, Marissa. She looked as awkward as I did.

Out of nowhere, I felt something tugging on my hand. I looked down and saw a girl.

"Excuse me," she said politely.

Oh, Mr Grayson's daughter just got here.

Rachel Grayson. A very beautiful young lady with dark curly hair, at the moment in pigtails. Her bright smile was so warm that I smiled back immediately.

"Hi, there," I greeted.

"Where's the toilet?" Rachel grinned awkwardly.

"It's that door," I pointed.

"Can you come with me? I'm scared," Rachel grinned, still chuckling.

"Of course," I nodded.

With that, I gave Marissa an apologetic look. She nodded, probably hoping that her partner would return here quick. Then, we headed towards the toilet.

"What's your name?" Rachel asked.

Before today, I had the chance to meet her in person about a few months ago. Dick left Rachel in the daycare that I worked at. Rachel certainly didn't remember me. Kids.