4. Have a Good Evening, Dick

I forgot to buy the wrapping paper. So, I postponed it and postponed it. Now, half an hour before the party took place, I still hadn't wrapped the gift.

Now, how should I wrap the fifteen feet times six feet blanket? Well, first of all, indeed, I had to fold it. Then, I should wrap this bundle of a blanket.

Gosh, I couldn't believe I bought a card, but, not a wrapping paper.

In the end, I ended up here. In the gift shop not far from the ice cream shop where I supposed to be in half an hour. I was already in the middle of wrapping the gift when someone joined the other end of the table to write a card. Immediately, I got myself frozen again as I got myself facing the greatness.

Jason noticed me turning to him and smiled.

"Romania," Jason said. "Right?"

"Right," I nodded, smiling back.

"Awesome," Jason said, continuing to write on the card. "You're going to see Rachel, right?"

"Yes, I am," I answered, continuing my own wrapping.

"You're going by yourself?" Jason asked again.

"Yup," I confirmed.

"Cool. Let's go together," Jason said before tilting his head. "I mean, let's go to the place together, then, Dick will--you get the point."

Oh, lord have mercy.

"Sure," I nodded.

So, it turned out that Jason bought a giant crab doll. Yes, giant. It looked bigger than the kid. He even brought his own box. A washing machine box that he got from an electronics store across the street. It took three people to wrap the box and it took almost half an hour.

When we arrived, the party had started a little, I guessed. Dick Grayson already stood upfront and was in the middle of a speech when Jason and I walked in.

A swarm of children in costumes sat on the small chairs put facing the birthday girl. Rachel grinned at her uncle's presence. She looked like a princess. A spooky princess. Maybe a spooky mermaid princess.

On the sides were the adults. I even saw the man, Bruce Wayne, himself sitting side by side with his fiancée. Around him would be his other children and associates. Near them would be, who I guessed, were the parents of these children.

I almost lost in this privately reserved ice cream shop like a deer looking at a headlight, but, Jason generously led me to a table.

"... I say let's all Kanye the situation. Everything is about Rachel tonight. All questions go to her. All the attention goes to her. To Rachel Grayson, my daughter who is now a big girl," Dick nodded, kind of proudly. "Happy birthday, honey, I love you."

"I love you, too, dad," Rachel said.

The two hugged and followed by Dick kissing his daughter's forehead. It was wholesome that people let out a little 'aw' themselves. Then, the MC took over as Dick walked to the side, approaching his brother, Jason, who had been sitting across from me on the same table. Or so I thought.

"Miss Holmes," Dick greeted as he sat down next to his brother.

"Romania is enough," I smiled.

"Romania," Dick nodded. "Ro. Rome?"

"That's new, but, sure," I nodded.

"And hi, too," Jason said.

"Oh, hey, buddy. Didn't see you there," Dick said before gesturing the children, saying, "Aren't you supposed to be there with your friends?"