14. Could Feel So Good

"Hi, sweetie," I greeted as soon as I picked up the call.

"It's Dick," the person on the other line said, rather nervously.

"Oh," I hummed. "Is... everything alright?"

"Yeah, I just feel like we should talk," Dick said, more like asking.

A few week had passed after the beach. Rachel and I were fine, but, Dick and I were not. We couldn't stand being in the same room without being awkward. Nightwing didn't even visit.

And tonight? This call happened?

"Okay," I said. "Do you want to come over or should we just do it over the phone?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Dick said.

"Well, it's up to you, then. You make the call," I said.

"Okay. Well, um... God, how should I bring this up? Uh, you know, now that things escalated, I feel like it's just right if I take you out, uh... on a date. You know, it doesn't mean that we have to, you know, date or anything, but... maybe we should try and see where things go?" Dick rambled.

My heart felt as if it skipped a beat.

"Okay," was all coming out of my lips.

"Yeah," Dick confirmed. "So, what do you think?"

"Yeah," I copied. "Let's... try that."

"Cool," Dick responded, his voice broke into a high pitched tone halfway on saying that single word, then, clearing his throat before continuing, "I guess I'll see you tomorrow? I'll pick you up from work?"

"Sure," I said.

"Great," Dick said.

"See you tomorrow," I stated.

"See you tomorrow," Dick repeated.

"Goodnight, Dick," I said, couldn't get used to how wrong that sounded. "Richard."

"Goodnight, Roma. Romama," Dick replied.

"Gaga oo la-la?" I asked.

"Want your bad romance?" Dick asked back.

"Let's not expect that this is bad," I suggested.

"Oh, yeah, rightrightright," Dick agreed.

"Right," I copied.

"Right."

"Uh, huh."

"Yup."

Silent.

"One of us should hang up, you know," I brought up.

"Yeah," Dick agreed. "You do it, then."

"Okay," I said. "Goodnight, Richie."

"Goodnight, love," Dick replied just as I hung up.

I ran back into my room, grabbed the closest pillow, and pressed it to my face so I could scream at it.

The next day, I came to work late. I had no idea why I even bothered to pay attention to how I looked in the morning because, by the end of the day, I would be covered in all the things imaginable. Then, I spent some more time picking up some clothes that I should bring to change.

Work turned out chaotic today. Mrs. Johnson picked a fight with one of the gentlemen because she said that he looked like her 'disgusting ex-husband' as she said it. Mrs. Lin was still talking to the wall if she didn't talk to any other seniors, as usual.