9. I Got Stabbed Good

My alarm went off at five. Meaning I barely had a couple hours of sleep. So, I quickly changed my clothes, brushed my teeth, and woke the caregivers who supposed to work today. Me included.

I found Marrie in the kitchen. She looked more rested than any of us.

"Roman, go home," Marrie hushed when I started helping her prepare the food.

"I can manage," I guaranteed. "It's Friday after all."

"I'm serious. Go home. You've worked so hard for last night's event," Marrie insisted.

"I'm serious, too. Don't worry," I smiled. "Besides, it's unfair that the others still have to work today."

Marrie sighed.

"Okay," Marrie agreed. "Has anybody else wake up yet?"

"Raline and Marion are checking on the seniors. Kelly is in the shower, I think. Morgan probably went back to sleep. He's so hungover," I listed.

"Don't worry. I called the nurses and doctors in today. I'm pretty sure they'll be needed. You're not short on anyone at all," Marrie promised.

"Thank you so much, Marrie," I said gratefully.

"Sure. Now, eat breakfast first," Marrie said, shoving a plateful of breakfast to the dining table.

I ate breakfast rather quickly. Then, I texted Brooklyn, updating her that I was still alive. She replied with a screenshot of article about last night's gala and had a picture of me looking down at Rachel while I was dancing with her from the side. They addressed me as 'one of the workers'. At least they didn't know my name and nothing extreme was mentioned.

Ugh...

I just remembered last night. God, why? Did I just uncover someone's identity? Damn, it got even worse that I might have to see him again in less than a few hours.

Later when we started delivering food, I avoided being the one to deliver the food there. Marissa was glad to deliver their breakfast, though. Well, along with the other guests who decides to stay the night.

For once, I was glad that Mrs. Lin nagged me to do every single thing she asked me just so I could avoid seeing Dick Grayson. However, in the end, I still had myself tangled with his timeline.

Back in the kitchen, I meant to get Mrs. Lin's tea. Bad timing. Dick was in the kitchen with Marrie. I didn't greet him and moved over to proceed making the tea.

"Marissa forgot the aspirin," Marrie joked.

I forced a light little laugh.

"Do you mind making coffee, too?" Dick asked as he stood next to me.

"No, but, we only have Nescafé," I answered without looking.

"Alright," Dick said. "Thank you."

A few seconds later, I heard Marrie walking out. My eyes widened at the cups in front of me. I felt the man standing next to me turning his gaze towards me.

"Hey, about last night--"

"You were drunk," I nodded in understanding.

"Yeah, but," Dick sighed, turning me to face him. "But--"

"I won't tell anyone," I promised, looking straight into his eyes.

Oh, wait. So, he knew about Landon? Oh, shit, the thing I said about Rachel, too.

Wow, how fucked could I be?

Oh, lord. Did that mean Bruce Wayne's Batman? The thought made the hair on my arms stood, shiver ran down my spine.