'I miss you'

A/N: This is a double update because of how short the chapters are... 

Warning: may become emotional

I spent the night tossing and turning, fiddling at the ring James gave me when we were in Paris... how ironic that it's from the same ring shop that Harry told me to go to when I was there for the long weekend having fittings and meetings. The air feels still and cold, much different from the temperature in L.A. I decide I can't stay here any longer in this bed because despite the freezing air, my legs under the blanket feel hot and I need to get up and walk around. I throw the deep blue covers off my body and stand, putting socks and a hoodie over the top of my black singlet. I tie my sweatpants tighter around my waist as I walk to the kitchen and get a glass of water in the dark room. I look around the room and I feel myself grow nostalgic from remembering my entire childhood and how it was practically formed in this kitchen. I take my water and begin to climb the staircase, the third stair from the bottom creaking as I step on it and I inhale sharply, memories filling my head.

December 26th, 1998

I tip toe down the staircase in my dressing gown, holding onto the railing hopeful not to slip. The glow from the T.V. fanning over the living room. I reach the third step from the bottom and the step beneath me creaks and I bite down on my lip hoping Mum and Dad won't hear me but by the time Dad calls my name out I've already been discovered. There's a moment of silence and I begin to think they've mistaken what they heard.

"Tilly baby!" Dad says jumping out at me from around the corner giving me a fright, his English accent thick. I let out a yelp and he picks me up, carrying me in his arms tickling me as he takes me to the living room to meet with Mum, the two of us laughing. I roll my head around from his chest and look at Mum who's covered in a purple blanket and wearing one of Dad's tee shirts, her tanned skin illuminating her skin as her dark hair cascades to the side of her shoulder in a messy braid.

"You, Miss Tilly, should be in bed. Have you any idea what time it is?" She says as Dad plops me down next to her and I cuddle onto her lap as she strokes my hair.

"No clue..." I say softly and Dad sits next to us.

"Well it's late." Dad says as he stretches his arm out across the back of the couch around Mum and I.

"Then why are you both awake?" I challenge and Mum chuckles at my remark and I look up at her. Her skin soft and dewy, her lips curled into a gentle smile. I look into her eyes and smile as she meets with mine. She's the prettiest person I've ever seen, and I love her very much.

"Because we're adults, darling." She says, her accent coming in strong on the word 'darling'.

"I want to be an adult, and I'm going to have a big family with lots and lots of... cows. They'll roam the backyard and they'll stick their heads through the kitchen window and every Christmas I'll get them a new bell. A shiny gold one..." I say as I begin to grow tired.

"Is that so?" Mum asks as she peers down at me, stroking my hair behind my ear as I rest my head on her lap.

I close my eyes, but my head moves up quickly as Mum begins to cough loudly, the cough coming from deep within her chest. She places a fist to her mouth and looks away from us, Dad sits up and looks sternly at her. He seems worried.

"Louise?" Dad asks nervously, reaching his hand and placing it onto her knee.

"I'm fine. I think I swallowed the wrong way." She laughs and Dad eases down in his seat again.