CHAPTER 17

Once Isa arrived at camp everyone cheered and congratulated the girl. After all, she and the other three were the first heroes to return alive to Half-Blood Hill since Luke. So of course, everyone treated them as if they'd won some reality TV contest. As a camp tradition, they had to wear laurel wreaths where they got to burn their burial shrouds their cabins had made for them in their absence.

Annabeth's shroud was beautiful-grey silk with embroidered owl⎼Percy told her it was a shame not to bury her in it. Isa laughed, Annabeth punched him and told him to shut up.

Being the children of Poseidon, Percy and Isa only had each other. And for some weird reason, Mr. D and Chiron allowed the Ares cabin, who volunteered, to make their shrouds. They'd taken old bedsheets and painted smiley faces with X'ed-out eyes around the border and the word LOSER painted for Percy and the word BLOBFISH for Isa.

They had fun burning it.

As Apollo's cabin led the sing-along and passed out marshmallows, Percy and Isa we're surrounded by the Hermes cabin, Annabeth's friends from Athena and Grover's satyr buddies who were admiring the brand new searcher's license he'd retrieve from the Council of Cloven Elders. The council had called Grover's performance on the quest 'Brave to the point of indigestion. Horns-and-whiskers above anything we have seen in the past!'

However, the camp's biggest entertainment of the bonfire was watching the other campers try and get the toasted marshmallows away from Isa. She literally hogged the majority of it... she ate most of it. Whenever someone would bring up that it was unhealthy she'd say, "I haven't eaten in a week. Give me a break!"

They only managed to get the girl to stop eating her 43rd toasted marshmallow after Chiron threatened to give her no deserts for a week.

But even then she was glaring at other campers toasted marshmallows where they got creeped out and gave it to the girl, who was more than happy to eat it.

The only ones not in the party mood were Clarisse and her cabinmates, whose poisonous looks told Isa they'd never forgive her for disgracing her dad. But one look on the daughter of the sea god's face said she didn't give two huge piles of shit. Just to spite her (since they couldn't really do anything to her), they'd chuck marshmallows at her head. But the girl was ecstatic to find them giving her marshmallows. She even tried playing a game with them where you toss it and you try to catch it in your mouth. Of course, that only pissed them off even more.

Even Dionysus's welcome-home speech wasn't enough to dampen her spirits. "Yes, yes, so the little brats didn't get themselves killed and now they'll have an even bigger head. Someone needs to pop the little girl's. Well, huzzah for that. In other announcements, there will be no canoe races this Saturday..."

Isa was kinda bummed about that, but she was too happy. She didn't know about what though. She guessed everything in general. She was back at camp, her home, they succeeded in their quest and stopped war, they all made it out alive, but the main reason was probably that she found out the truth about her mother. She got the closure that her mother did in fact want her and sounded like a wonderful woman. As sad as Isa was that her mother was dead, she was still happy. Call her mean or anything, but she was somehow glad she never knew her mother. It would've been even more painful if she knew her mother personally and heard that she died.

Percy moved back to Cabin Three where he stayed with his sister. He was happy he wasn't alone. He wouldn't know what to do in an empty cabin, and Isa was happy to have him around. She would get quite lonely especially at night.

Isa would train Percy during the day and during the night, they'd just listen to the sound of the sea.

Throughout the days, Isa told Annabeth about what her father said. She was of course terrified about the whole Kronos situation, but Isa could tell her friend knew already. And of course, Annabeth felt bad for the little girl. Finding out that her mother died.