CHAPTER 41

Classes⎼all except for Defense Against the Dark Arts⎼have been going well so far. Isa excelled in Potions and Charms the most with Transfiguration in third. Isa felt that she would have enjoyed Defense more if it weren't for the teacher.

Lockhart would ask the class to reenact the stupid scenes in his book. He'd usually ask Isa to reenact the weird and uncomfortable ones, but being the joker she is, she was able to turn the dumb scenes into something funny which only made Lockhart dislike the girl even more. Unfortunately, for his, he couldn't do much because he had to keep up his reputation, and he couldn't be mean to the sister of The Boy Who Lived, also the boy who Lockhart wanted to get close to. It wouldn't be good publicity.

Isa was in the library again, trying to look for anything about the Chamber of Secrets. Believe it or not, she was actually reading books. In her defense, she never had a problem with reading books especially fictional ones. She just found it difficult to read due to her dyslexia, but that wasn't a problem anymore since she had magic.

"Moste Potente Potions?" Isa heard Madam Pince repeated suspiciously.

'Most Potent Potions.' Isa translated in Greek. 'Which student would need that book for Madam Pince to be suspicious?'

"I was wondering if I could keep it." Isa heard a familiar voice say breathlessly.

'Ah,' Isa thought. 'That explains it.'

Isa walked away from the aisle she was at to see Ron playing tug of war with the letter in Hermione's hand. "Oh, come on," Ron said, winning the battle and handing the note to Madam Pince. "We'll get you another autograph. Lockhart'll sign anything if it stands still long enough."

Madam Pince held the note up to the light, as though determined to detect a forgery, but it passed the test. She stalked away between the lofty shelves and returned several minutes later carrying a large and moldy-looking book. Hermione put it carefully into her bag and they left, trying not to walk too quickly or look too guilty as Isa was waddling behind them. Though they didn't know.

Five minutes later, as Harry was about to close the door to Moaning Myrtle's out-of-order bathroom, but Isa wedged her foot in the door to stop him from closing it. "Let me in."

Upon hearing his sister's voice, he calmed down and let her in.

Moaning Myrtle was crying noisily in her stall, but they were ignoring her, and she them.

"Why do you need a restricted potions book?" Isa asked as Hermione opened Moste Potente Potions carefully.

Harry explained quickly their plan.

"You think Malfoy's the heir?" Isa scoffed.

"He hates Muggle-borns!" Ron reasoned out.

Isa didn't think Malfoy was the heir. He was just... an unlikely candidate. She started to wonder if the rivalry between the Gryffindors and the Slytherin is what's fuelling this suspicion. She's heard of all the things he's done, and Isa was quite surprised thinking about the fact that Malfoy hasn't threatened or teased her once considering the fact she's Harry's sister, his arch-enemy. Yes, he does hate Muggle-borns but Isa still doesn't think he's the heir.

But, Isa wouldn't let her brother do this on his own, she wanted to help. And if the Chamber of Secrets were made by Slytherin himself, what if the entrance was in their common room? But then why was Moaning Myrtle's bathroom flooded?

'I need to enter their common room,' Isa thought. 'It would make sense for the entrance to be inside.'

The four of them bent over the damp-spotted pages. It was clear from a glance why it belonged in the Restricted Section. Some of the potions had effects almost too gruesome to think about, and there were some very unpleasant illustrations, which included a man who seemed to have been turned inside out and a witch sprouting several extra pairs of arms out of her head.