❥Chapter 14: Help Comes To Those Who Deserve It

Rantaro's POV

»------⋆◦★◦⋆------«

Breathing heavily, I sat up in alarm as I heard the blaring sound of horns. I looked around and saw Kaede at the window, looking outside. "What the-" I spoke out, but, a look from Maki stopped me instantly.

The horn sounded again, and this time, I stood up myself. I walked next to Kaede and looked out of the window, and saw a rescue boat nearing the area. It had stopped raining, and the water must've gone down a bit since last night.

I looked over at Kokichi, who was apparently still asleep, then at Miss Yuki who was already awake. Thank God help came sooner than expected. Kaede seemed petrified, and I had to touch her on the shoulder to make her come back to her senses.

Kokichi woke up, and so we all packed up and took our stuff, and Miss Yuki opened the window to show that we were stranded on the building. "Hey, we need some help over here!" she yelled.

The rescue team neared us, and signaled to go over to the front doors to come get us. I then took Kaede's hand and we all rushed out of the classroom to head to the lower floors. She seemed surprised by what I did for the tiniest space of time, before tightening her grip on my hand moving along with me.

...

Once we arrived at the place where all the rescued people were, we sat in a quiet corner, and Miss Yuki went over to the vendors to get us some food to eat. By then, Kaede and Maki were talking to each other.

They're probably talking about girl stuff, so I'll leave them be. I then saw a familiar face, and I couldn't help but stand up and try to approach them. "Tsu? Is that you?" I said, tapping the person on the shoulder. Tsumugi Shirogane turned around, and saw me.

She's grown a lot since I last saw her. "Amami-kun?" she said, and I nodded. "The last time I saw you, you were running off with Keiko after Miss Ando saw you both stealing her sweets.." I said, chuckling a bit.

Tsumugi smiled at me a bit and we both hugged, patting each other on the back. We met back in fifth grade, when were just eleven. "I saw you walking in with a blonde girl, and you both were holding hands. Already got a girl for yourself, huh?" she said, giving me a mischievous smile.

I scoffed and ignored her. "She's not my girlfriend, for your information." I said to her. But Tsu laughed a bit instead. "So how did you end up here?" I asked. The blueberry haired girl sighed and her expression became annoyed.

"Some idiots dragged me into a cosplay con, and I absolutely despise cosplaying." she said sourly. I winced a bit at how she said that, considering she wasn't someone to mess with when she's cross.

Nodding, I told her I'd see her around sooner or later, and we parted ways. I sat next to Kaede, and she glanced at me with an estranged face. "Well, I was right, wasn't I?" I said, when she looked at me.

She looked away and tried to keep a straight face. "Well, it's a once in a lifetime thing, so don't act as if it happens often." she huffed.

I grin a little and put an arm around her, and pulled her towards me. She flushed a bit when I did this, which suggests no one really did this kind of thing to her before.

"H-hey, what are you doing?" she stammered, but I said nothing in response. Why haven't I appreciated her this much before? I don't know, but I'll definitely appreciate her even more this time.

She puckered her lips at first, and she seemed reluctant, but after some time she eventually relaxed, and she was comfortable. "Hey, Kaede?" I said, attempting to get her attention.

"Mmm?"
"What do you think our families are doing at the moment?"
"...I..I don't really know.."

I have a feeling Kayaki would come storming in to find Kaede. Sisterly love, eh? "Aki? Aki!" Kaede spoke, and I looked around and saw Kayaki there, with a pale face and worried look. "Kae!!" she yelled desperately.

Akamatsu tore away from me and ran to her sister, and they both shared a deep hug. Both were crying as well, which shows just how much they loved each other. After a while, they walked over to me, and Kayaki greeted me. "Hey, Rantaro!" she said.

I nodded and stood up to shake her hand. "So how'd you come here?" she asked. "I was with Kae-Chan, we and a few others were stranded in our school when the flood happened." I explained. "Oh, I see."

"Hey, I have some food!" said Miss Yuki, who came back. Me, Kaede, Maki and Kokichi all scurried towards her, in need of food immediately. "Slow down you four!" our teacher said, slightly amused.

I stuffed the chicken sandwich in my mouth, and wolfed it down almost instantly. But since that was the only thing she got for each of us, I had nothing left. Kaede noticed this, and she held up her sandwich.

Confused, I furrowed my brows to her and she shook the food in front of me. "Bite!" she said rashly, and I bit into the sandwich once she said that. God, I've never loved food so much before.

I pulled her hand nearer to me so I can take another bite, and she flinched slightly when I did it. "Don't finish it, I need food too you know." said the blonde. I nodded but took one last bite before letting go of her hand.

She forced a smile and continued eating her sandwich. I'm glad we're safe, and now I just need to get back to my family. Rimato and Ramai are gonna kill me.

Hah..

End of chapter
1000 words

»------⋆◦★◦⋆------«

Hello, it's me again! The author
of this fanfiction. In case you're
worried, no, after chapter 15 is
not going to be the end of this
series. So be glad 😳👏🏻anyway,
I really hope you enjoyed today's
today's chapter! Stay happy,
healthy and safe readers! Cya!