❥Chapter 22: Revelation And Acceptance

Rantaro's POV

Now playing: Just A Kiss by Lady A
⇆ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ㅤ ▷ㅤ↻
1:48 ──•── 3:38

•─────────✦❀✦────────•

She only stood still as my arm found its way around her. "Hey, aren't you a bit too close?" she said, amused by my action. I only grinned at her. "Not at all, and I'm sure you're good with this." I told her charmingly, but she didn't push me away. "You're right, maybe I do." she admitted with a smug look on her face.

"Hey, Rantaro?" she said, after a while. "Yeah?" I spoke, turning to her slightly. "There's something I wanna tell you." said the blonde. "Spill the beans then."

Kaede looked up at me and smiled a little. "There's a person I really like, and I don't know how to approach him. So I was wondering if you could help me out with confessing to him." she told me a little hesitantly, and my heart dropped. "And who is this lucky guy?" I demanded her, but I must have sounded a bit too harsh since she flinched a bit when I spoke.

"He happens to be a year older than me, very attractive, really smart and very kind." she said, trying her best not to describe the guy too much. "And can you drop me some more hints?" I asked, desperate to find who this boy was and murder him. "He's 5'10, extremely sweet, his name is Rantaro Amami, and he's standing right next to me." she said casually, and my mouth went slightly ajar.

I felt my cheeks flush. "Me?" I said incredulously, and she looked at me and smiled. "Yes, you, idiot, I'm sure you heard me right." I fell silent at her statement, and she sighed. "I love you, dumbass, to hell and back." she said to me, tucking a loose lock of hair behind my ear which covered my face. I stared at her disbelievingly.

So it was me. Me. She said it herself. And she loves me. And I wouldn't want to kill myself, now would I? No, Kaede will be devastated if I did kill myself somehow. But I still couldn't believe this. My heart was pounding in my chest, and I desperately tried to calm my breathing. "I- Wait really?" I said, and Kaede nodded slowly.

The electrifying amethyst pupils met my eyes, and I suddenly realized what was about to happen. She carefully moved a little closer, and I closed the space between us. Although she was a little small for this situation, I didn't care. I carefully put both my arms around her and bent down, and I felt her tense slightly when our lips brushed.

At first, it seemed like she didn't want to kiss me, and after a few moments her lips softened, and she ran her hands through my hair passionately. I put my hands on her waist and pressed her against myself even more, closing my eyes to savor the moment. I never thought I'd live to see and experience this day, and this was undoubtedly one of the best days of my life.

Even though my instincts told me to stop, I only kissed her even deeper. A small noise erupted from her throat, and I felt her stiffen slightly against me. She pulled away, gasping for air. "First kiss huh?" I said, and Kaede nodded a little nervously. "Sorry if that was so sudden, I didn't mean to be so rash." she said shyly. I gave her a small smile.

"It's alright, I know you didn't mean to." I told her reassuringly, and she hugged me tightly. Hugging her back, I wonder if this all just a dream, since this all seems unbelievable. I poked her on the cheek to make sure, and she gave out a little "Ow!" in response. "What was that for?" she mumbled to me, looking up. I wanted to pass out.

I gave out a nervous little chuckle. "I'm not dreaming, right?" I asked her reluctantly, and she shook her head. "At least I don't think so." she said, and she laughed. I didn't hear it, but I felt the vibration through her rib cage and sides. "So are you going to return the statement or what?" she questioned me, and I looked at her, confused.

That's when it hit me. "Alright, fine. I love you too." I said to her fondly, and she grinned.

She stood on the tip of her does and kissed me on the cheek. "It took me a lot of courage to confess you know, that's why I wasn't so straightforward." she explained to me. We were now heading back, and I insisted to bring her home myself. I felt amused. "Well surprise surprise, I actually felt the exact same way."

Grinning, she sighed. "I guess this makes us an item now?" she asked me, and I nodded and shrugged. "I'll see you on Monday then" she said warmly, waving after me as I started walking away. "I'll see you too, and text me!" I called after her, and she departed into her home. I thought of how my life would be from now on with her, and I smiled to myself.

Maybe it won't be too bad, considering what my new daily routine would be. To wake up, text her, have breakfast, get ready, tell her I love her at least three times a day, meet up with Maki and Kokichi, take care of my sisters, do my homework, give myself some me time, and text Kaede saying goodnight.

I wouldn't mind if I had to live like that for the rest of my life. Living and loving her, it seems like the best thing in the world. I wouldn't ask for more. She'd be everything I ever wanted, and I won't change that. I would never, honestly.

End of chapter
978 words

•─────────✦❀✦────────•

I'M SCREAMING RN Y'ALL- YOU GUYS
DON'T REALIZE HOW MUCH I'M HAPPY
AT THE MOMENT- Hope you guys had
enjoyed, that's it for today. Nearing
the end of this series tho, sadly. but
yeah! Stay happy and safe, fam 😳😳