❥Chapter 17: Moments Between Two Of Us

Kaede's POV

•─────────•°•°•─────────•

We were both walking on the sidewalk, and we both made sure we weren't being followed only to be exposed. "Come on!" I urged him. We then arrived at Peggy's Choco Café, somewhere I liked visiting when I was in the mood.

When we walked in, a waitress greeted us with a wide smile. Holy shi- "Table for two?" she said. Instead of saying yes, I said, "Kirumi, is that you?" I said loudly, and the short haired girl's eyes widened. "Not now, Kaede. We'll talk later." she hissed.

Smirking like hell, Rantaro and I followed her to our table and we sat down. "Kirumi Tojo, from class 7B. She's my social studies partner." I said to Rantaro. "Are you two friends?" he said back, interested.

I scoff and burst out laughing. "Far from, actually. She's a real thug and can sometimes go as far as to disobeying the teacher." I replied. He nodded understandingly and we looked at the menu. "I'll just have a frappuccino, if there's any at all." I said simply.

The taller girl nodded and scribbled my order on a paper. "And you, sir?" she said, looking at Rantaro. "Normal coffee, with milk though. And perhaps a slice of chocolate cake." he added. Kirumi nodded, and went to go get our order.

"You know what, that woman is scary." he whispered to me when Kirumi was out of earshot. I tried to hide my snigger, but failed. "And what are you laughing about?" he grunted when he noticed me.

I let out another wheeze before calming down and breathing. "Oh don't give me that face. It's an innocent thing." I said when he frowned at me. "Riiiigghhtt..." he responded suspiciously when I said that.

As we both waited for our order, we talked about some random things, and when we both fell silent, it got awkward. "So uh. What now..?" he uttered, trying to keep the conversation going. I shrugged silently.

Rantaro then took out his phone and started texting someone. I suddenly felt my phone buzz in my pocket. 'Ey' said the message.

Kae-Chan: Wtf are you doing??

Avocado: Idk since it's awkward irl I guess we can talk here?

Kae-Chan: Wh

Avocado: You must realize that now, so stop hiding it

Kae-Chan: FINE. But it's only because you said so.

Avocado: Lmao kk

Kae-Chan: 🤜🏻😃

Avocado: Wut

Kae-Chan: 😃🖕🏻

Avocado: BUT WhY-

Kae-Chan: Because I'm inserting something??

Avocado: But do you actually hate me tho :(

Kae-Chan: Of course not wth-

Kae-Chan: I would never hate you-

Avocado: Aww that's sweet of you

Kae-Chan: Stfu and don't bring this up

Avocado: Can't keep any promises, but I'll try not to.

Kae-Chan: Istg Rantaro I won't hesitate to hit you

Avocado: Which way? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Kae-Chan: JESUS CHRIST YOU PERVERT-

Avocado: Hakajakjansns 👌🏻

Kae-Chan: What has this conversation escalated to

Avocado: Lmao

I put down my phone and glare at him, but he only smiled at me teasingly which was pretty annoying. "Rantaro—" I said, but he put his finger on my lips, causing me to stop talking. I stayed silent and he gave me an odd look before putting down his hand.

"Don't say anything now, okay?" he requested. "But wh-" I blurted, and Rantaro shot me a nasty look. "Haven't you heard what I said? " he said.

Disappointed, I nodded slowly but made sure he saw it properly.

Kirumi then appeared with our drinks and the chocolate cake, and she set it down on our table. "Enjoy it I guess." she said quietly. I give her a cheeky smile and pat her on the shoulder. "Thank you, person I definitely don't know at school in social studies class!" I said sarcastically.

The other girl frowned, but walked away. Amami picked up his cup and sipped a little bit of the coffee, and he put down the cup in satisfaction. I look at him with a blank face and I drank a bit of my Frappuccino. I felt my face lift and Rantaro smiled at me.

"Its good, isn't it?" he said appreciatively, and I nodded in agreement. "So do you come here often?" he asked, and I took another sip from my drink. "Yeah, I do. But Kirumi working here is definitely new." I said.

He nodded and said, "Mmm. I see.". We stayed silent for a while, then Rantaro spoke up once again. "So why did you want me to come here?" he said, but I merely shrugged in response. "Is it illegal to spend time with my friend? Cmon, you know we're friends." I insisted.

The other chuckled and smiled. He smiles a lot, it's killing me. "Friends, huh?" he stated, and I nod. "You sure we're just friends?" he said, smirking at me teasingly. "What, you want me to be your girlfriend or something?" I asked, and he looked taken aback at what I said.

"I- Of course not! What makes you say that?" he sputtered, and I sigh and shake my head. "Idiot, you're the one who brought up the question first." I pointed out. Rantaro looked at me with a sheepish look on his face.

Amami looked away from me, embarrassed, and I continued sipping on my frappuccino. "Sorry for bringing something like that up." he muttered apologetically. "No, it's alright." I replied.

The awkwardness resurfaced, and we were both stuck with nothing to say to each other. After we were done with our drinks and food, Rantaro payed the bill and we both went out of the cafe.

"Well, I guess I'll see you on Sunday." I began, once we reached my house. "Yeah. See you." he said, sounding a little gloomy now that the day was over. I smile and stood on the tip of my toes, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Bye~"

End of chapter
993 words

•─────────•°•°•─────────•

Oml shipping x1000 on this chapter,
especially on the last part tee hee-
Hoped you enjoyed, and thank you
for reading! Stay happy and safe! 💖

And thank you simps so much for 1k reads!