Chapter 12

A week went by. Since Alexandra had met Sadie, they had gotten along really well. They had spent a lot of time over the week, talking and getting to know each other. They were currently laying on the roof right outside Alexandra's bedroom window, looking at the stars.

"So, what's with this human girl your brother fell for?" Sadie asked.

"Her name's Bella. She moved to Fork to live with her father this past spring." Alexandra explained. "I didn't really like her."

"Why not?" Sadie asked.

"Because she drove Edward away for a week when she first got to Forks." Alexandra replied. "And she put my family in danger."

"What happened?" Sadie asked.

"We were playing baseball one afternoon, when this nomad coven was traveling through Forks and heard us." Alexandra continued. "They caught Bella's scent and one of the nomads would stop at nothing to get her. We had to take Bella away from Forks but he followed us. We ended up killing him in a ballet studio in Phoenix."

"Wow." Sadie said.

"Yeah." said Alexandra. "I also didn't like her because Edward was with her."

"Why?" Sadie asked.

"It's not really about the fact that he's with her." Alexandra replied. "It's more of he found his mate with her."

"Why didn't you like her for that?" Sadie asked.

"Because everyone in my family has a mate and I'm only one who doesn't." Alexandra explained. Sadie was quiet. "I was the first one that Carlisle turned and I'm the last to find a mate." Alexandra said. "After Edward met Bella, I got really depressed because I was the only one without a mate. Sadie just listened. "I stopped talking to my family and tried to avoid them." Alexandra said. "It was just hard to be around them when they were all so happy. I even stopped drinking blood."

"I'm so sorry, Alexandra." Sadie said. "You'll find someone. It just takes time."

"Thanks Sadie." Alexandra said.

"If if makes you feel any better, I've been around as long as you have and I don't have a mate either." Sadie said.

"Don't take this the wrong way, but it does a little bit." Alexandra said.

"It's fine." Sadie said, chuckling. "So, you were first in the family to be turned?"

"Yeah." Alexandra said.

"If the rest of them feed on animals, why don't you?" Sadie asked.

"It's not like I have a choice." Alexandra said. "We don't know why, but the first time Carlisle took me hunting after being turned, I ended up coughing the blood back up. I tried drinking human blood and I was fine. So, I'm only able to drink human blood."

"Oh ok." Sadie said. "So, where have you and your family traveled to over the years?"

"Chicago, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Rochester, and Forks. We've stayed in Forks before in the 1930s." Alexandra said. "We've also stayed in places like London, Ireland, and Alaska where we've stayed with other vampire covens."

"How long do you guys stay in one place?" Sadie asked.

"At the most, four years." Alexandra answered. "Because I look so young, I usually never get to graduate like the rest of my siblings."

"Are you physically the youngest in the family?" Sadie asked.

"Yeah." Alexandra said.

They continued to sit on the roof and watch the sunrise.

"You girls better get ready for school before you're late." They heard Esme say from behind them. They turned around and saw Esme standing in front of Alexandra's window.

"Ok." Alexandra said as she and Sadie climbed into her room. "Sadie, you're welcome to borrow my clothes, if you need to."

"Thank you." Sadie said. Esme walked out of the room and Sadie and Alexandra got ready for school.