Chapter 6

                              Talon's bedroom & bathroom

Ember's pov

"Come in" came Talon's voice.

I nervously opened the door and entered the bedroom. I saw Talon sitting on the bed with a thick leather belt in his hand.

"Shit" I thought.

Talon saw me, patted besides him and told me to sit.
I quickly sat down playing with my fingers nervous.

"You know why I called you here right." he asked me

"Yes sir" I said

"Now Ember I have known you for years and this is the first time your behaving like this. You never let anything come between your studies then why now. I understand it is a lot to take in, in a few days your life has suddenly changed but that doesn't mean you'll forget your priorities. I never expected this from you. Today you disappointed me a lot Ember." Talon said sadly.

I disappointed him.......

Now I was feeling very guilty. Talon is the only person who always understood me and today I disappointed him.

I felt a lone tear leave my eye.

"Talon I'm really sorry. I promise you I'll never do this again. Please Talon I'm really very sorry."

"Sorry don't change anything, does it? I just want answer of my question nothing else. Why did you behave like that? What happened that chatting with friend and doing other stuffs in class became your priorities instead of studying?" He said glaring at me.

"Talon, I can take my own decisions I am not a kid and I am certainly not someones puppet to do any and everything they say without any word. Dad never did anything like this and now suddenly after his death......" Saying this I began crying.

"I know very well that you are not a kid and take your own decisions. But are those decisions correct. Making you sit on the front bench is good for you. We don't have any interest in it. And now this is going to be your life, this is reality the soon you'll except it the better it will be. I was just ten when I started my training so consider yourself lucky." Talon said