Chapter 8

                                            Library

                                            Library

Ember's pov

I don't think I can endure another spanking now. And it is not like I came late purposely, he told me to bring books when just two minutes were left........

I was brought out of my thoughts by Rocco's voice.

"I won't give you a spanking for punishment." Rocco said.

I sighed in relief.

"So your punishment is........."

He took a pause. continued making me more nervous.

"You'll stand in squat position for the whole class. Got it." He said calmly.

Huh ! Squat position it sounds easy.

I quickly said " yes sir" and took the position.

I thought it would be easy but it so damn hard to stay in this position. I am shaking terribly only after five minutes and I still have one whole fucking hour left. And to add more to my misery I have to concentrate on Rocco, I am sure if I won't then the concequences will be worst.

He started speaking and I tried to concentrate on his voice

"Today I will start with Italian language, tomorrow I'll teach you mafia's code language and day after tomorrow you'll again have Italian class.This will be the cycle unless told otherwise. Got it." He said

"Yes.......sir" I said loudly but it turned out to be a whisper.

Rocco smirked😏 at my misery and decided to continue.

"So..." He started.
"You won't be able to write notes now but I expect you to jot down everything as soon as possible and tomorrow I want brief notes on today's class."

"Yes sir, I will jot down every point in the break and then I will make notes on them." I said quickly but in a very low voice.

But then I suddenly moved from the position only to recieve a glare from Rocco. I quickly stood in squat position again and signalled him to continue.

"Ok then I expect a few things from you." He said camly and continued.

"First you'll make a word list. The first step to acquiring any language is to learn the words in said language. So naturally, the first step to getting the most out of Italian books is to start a word list." He said.

I just nodded my head as I was having hard time speaking. My whole body was shaking and I was moving a lot just to anger Rocco more but he didn't punish me for that which I was really grateful for. He understood my state but decided to ignore it and continued.

"Then I want you to make notes on grammar. Writing out grammar rules in your own words will help them stick and make sense. Every time you come across a new grammar point, make sure to write your own notes on it. But that's not all. Keep those grammar notes beside you when doing homework, especially during free write activities where your grammar will really be put to the test, and review your grammar notes often." He said and looked at my red face covered with sweat.

I just nodded. I still had half an hour left and I am really looking forward for this session to end. Right now I am feeling like those students who don't have anything to do with what is being taught they just want to survive the lecture and they spend most of the time looking at their watches.

I was brought out of my thoughts by someone clearing their throat. I saw Rocco glaring😬 I somehow said sorry but from his looks he didn't looked satisfied. I am not at looking forward to what he has in store for me. But much to my surprise he didn't say anything and continued.

"Now that someone insignificant as me has the precious attention of The Mafia Princess, I would like to continued my class ofcourse only with her highness's permission." He said sarcastically but in a very firm voice that almost made me collapsed.

"Please sir. I am sorry, please continue." I said looking at him with teary eyes.😧

He sighed and decided to continue.

"Actually speaking Italian is crucial to developing your accent, confidence and competence in the language, no matter how much of a beginner you are." He said and further continued.

"Here are a few books you'll study Italian from them until I say otherwise. The books are 'Italian made simple' by Cristina Mazzoni ; Living language Italian, complete edition ; 'Italian grammar, Barron's grammar series' and 'Italian verb tenses: fully conjugated verbs' by Marcel Danesi ; practice makes Italian vocabulary by Daniela Gobetti" He quickly listed the books

My first thought after seeing the books was 'Fuck ! I thought I was here to learn basic Italian but it seems like my brother had decided to make me an expert in it.'

I know Italian is important as the Mafia King is Italian and he doesn't like when someone uses incorrect Italian. Our mafia is the second most powerful mafia in the world and has good relations with the Italian Mafia and therefore every important person of our mafia is made to learn Italian as no one wants to feel the wrath of Mafia King. But why is Rocco so firm in teaching me Italian......

I somehow ended up leaving my squat position due to all these thoughts as soon as I realised it I took the position and looked for Rocco only to find him gone. I looked at the time and then realised the class to be over. I quickly stood up and collapsed on the chair. My thighs and abs area were paining a lot. I managed to massage them and ate the snacks and drank my favourite milkshake that maids had brought for me. After that I quickly freshened up and jotted down important points of the lecture.

Then I went to the mini office which was joint to the library and was like a little tech room. And this time I didn't forget to bring notebooks.

I went inside and sat on a chair waiting for Talon. My eyes began to feel heavy but........Talon entered.😖

So no sleep now.........

"So Ember let's start with the class, shall we? " Talon said

"Yes sir" I said confidently.

Talon smiled at my reply and started teaching me some basics. I was glad I had Talon and not my other brothers. Yes, he too is strict but he is fun. I was looking forward for his class. Talon was very gentle and taught me everything calmly. I was very happy he was the best. Yes but that doesn't mean he tolerate any and everything, he still scolded me.

Finally my class come to an end. I couldn't help and wondered how did time pass so fast.

But now I had the DEVIL'S class...........