Chapter Thirteen:

Tate's POV

It had been two days since Christopher had been put in the cell. Scott and I had been killing time training with Braxton and some of the other pack warriors. My mind had been so preoccupied with the plan. How I was going to handle Christopher. It was also filled with thoughts of Hadley.

This plan had to work. If I couldn't get the information I needed how could I guarantee that I was even able to protect her. I felt responsible for not having been able to keep her safe. It would only get worse if she accepted the role as our packs luna, as my mate.

A knock on the door broke away my thoughts as Scott came in.

"Ready to get this over with?" he asked.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked him.

"I have to do this," his hands clenched the door so hard they started to turn white.

We made our way to Darren's office where he and Braxton were waiting. No other pack members would know the information that was found behind these walls. That was a part of the agreement that Darren and I had come to.

"Braxton go grab Christopher. Were ready," Darren ordered.

We stood there waiting patiently in silence. I could hear the sound of the shackles as Braxton and Christopher made the way to the office.

Braxton shoved Christopher down into the chair and tied him again for safe measure. He looked a lot worse than he had two days ago. His face was healed but the blood crusted to his clothes and face told me he had been beaten.

"Are you ready to make a deal with me then?" Christopher asked with that small wicked smile.

"We are prepared to listen to your request in exchange for the information you claim to have," Darren said.

Scott stood in the corner silent, the rage was pouring off of him and filling the room.

"If I make a deal I need to be sure that all of your members are in agreement," Christopher nodded towards Scott.

"Just tell us what you want," Scott spat.

"You know I have information on your half breed and that I know who sired her,"

"Why should we care who sired her," I asked, trying to show no emotion.

"Who her father is affects multiple packs. There is a very good reason why rogues of all people have come together for him to capture her," Christopher went on.

I focused on my breathing. Willing my wolf to stay calm and fight the urge to rip Christopher's throat.

"What. Do. You. Want." Scott said getting angrier by the second.

Christopher stared at Scott as he named his price. "I want immunity. I want you to call off your trackers from hunting me. I don't wish to return but I don't want to have to watch over my shoulder for the rest of my life. I want a blood oath that no one in either of your packs will seek to harm me in any way,".

I stood there debating what Christopher was asking for. I knew he would want his freedom. Scott was glaring at me and had moved away from the corner of the room.

"You can't seriously be debating this right now!" Scott shouted. "After everything he's done to our pack! To Devin Tate! She has been loyal to you your entire lives! How do you think she'll feel if she finds out you let him go!" His face was right up in mine.

"There is a lot more at stake than just Devin. We have the future to think about and the safety of our pack!" I used my Alpha voice at Scott but he refused to back down.