Chapter 46 - Archer's POV

**********************************************************************************************************************

My body felt heavy as I slowly woke up and tried to peel my eyes open. I snapped them closed and groaned when the light from the window burned my pupils. My mouth felt dry and chalky with the lingering tang of whiskey on my tongue. Fuck, I hated hangovers. I pulled Charlotte's soft body into my chest and squeezed tightly to try and go back to sleep.

The fluffy squish between my arms felt nothing like what it was supposed to. Cracking my eyes open I glared at the pillow that had replaced Charlotte's warm body in my arms. I stretched my aching muscles and looked around for her, it was then that I heard the water running in the bathroom.

Stumbling out of bed, I stripped my clothes off as I walked into the bathroom. I paused and smiled when I heard Charlotte singing under her breath in the water. She wouldn't be recording an album anytime soon, but her shower performances were my favourite thing to listen to. She always managed to pick the most outdated pop music that normally I'd hate. Coming out of her beautiful mouth though? It sounded like heaven.

She squeaked when I pulled back the shower curtain and stepped behind her. She had just lathered her body with soap and her curls were twisted into a conditioner-covered bun on top of her head.

"Good morning," I smirked as my manhood saluted her soapy breasts.

"Morning," she replied lazily then turned back under the stream. If I thought her breasts were the best sight I could wake up to, I was not prepared for her rounded ass glistening as though it were on display just for me. I stepped closer behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist. My hand covered her stomach and I massaged her soapy skin softly.

"Don't you dare, mister." Charlotte swatted my hand away and turned to face me. She lifted her arms to let down her bun in the water and I was dazed by the soft arc of her spine and her perfectly rosy nipples. She was still talking but I didn't hear a word as I stared at her chest, thinking about 100 dirty things I wanted to do.

"Archer, are you listening?"

"Yes of course," I responded quickly.

"Good so you agree?"

"Mhmm definitely." I grabbed her waist and pushed her gently against the tile wall. She let out an exasperated sigh and I flicked my eyes up to her face. "No?" I asked when I saw her raised eyebrow and pursed lips.

"No." Her definitive response made me let go and step back. I leaned my head forward to catch some water on my hair then grabbed the shampoo.

"Madeline is on her way with the Plan-B. That's what I was trying to tell you," she explained as she went back to rinsing her hair. I chided myself internally that I already forgot about our lapse in judgement last night. Never before had I ever forgotten the condom. I'd been blacked out on my ass and it was still the first thing I thought about. I couldn't really bring myself to feel that guilty though when I thought about how mind-blowing it felt to be inside of Charlotte bare.

We finished up quickly after that sobering moment then went back into the bedroom to find clothes. I threw on some sweats and tossed Charlotte a clean shirt while she dug leggings out of her duffel bag. I once again imagined how great it would be if Charlotte and I lived together. She wouldn't live out of a bag, she would have her things mixed with mine.

Like so many things with this girl, I hadn't planned on asking her to move in with me. I just felt something and had no choice but to act on it. But the second I had, it felt overwhelmingly right. I'd come to appreciate my teammates much more in the last year, but I had never loved living with them. The constant parties and girls in and out of the house were getting tiring.