Ordering Children

There's so much meat for the whole tribe to share.
The whole tribe use their salt to preserve the meat and eat everything they can eat.

This is the first time Andy has seen something so strange as this.
And also the smell of blood is so bad that he
wants to vomit.

They didn't use salt when they barbecue the meat and barbecuing the meat is impossible. They directly put it in the fire.
Some doesn't like barbecue saying it became bitter and sometimes too much makes it a crunchy but sandy texture.

'That's not food. That's already charcoal.'

Andy frowns.

Andy shakes his head.
He knows so far he can't go back.
For now he will adopt to this kind of life. But he can't stomach the meat eating it without cooking. Even if he knows the right way of barbecuing he won't be able to ask for salt to taste.
It'll definitely taste bad.
He grab one cup noodles in his bag and get a water to boil.

Eating alone in one corner.

Sulaya came to him and give him a well roasted meat. It is a huge chunk of meat that is bigger size than his own head.

"For me?" He asks.

Sulaya smiles.
"I can roast better than anyone in the tribe. And I use a little salt."

Touched.
Andy takes a small pinch of the meat to eat.
Dino meat....it is sweeter than he thought.
It is like eating a gamey pig.
It has a strong after taste though. Additional condiment to remove the taste....maybe ginger will be good. And soy sauce, how can you barbecue without soysauce and oil.
Still it is not so bad.
Andy is not that picky.
But when he saw that the inner layer is still dripping with blood he almost throw up.

He forgot that the guy use a large chunk of meat. Of couse it will be raw inside.

"I don't like it with blood. But the outside taste good. Thanks. Do you want to try my noodles?"

"No. You eat that." Sulaya looks at the small cup and take a bite at his barbecue.

"Can you even finished tha---Never mind."

This tribe must have such a strong teeth.
The meat is like cotton candy in his mouth.

The village chief told him that he can stay in the room with the two 'corpse'.

The morning came and the one with small injury wakes up.

Andy feeds him warm water and asks his condition.
Andy wants to make porridge but there's no rice.
He really want to die.
What should he do?
Feed the injured people with meat?
He realize that this people are living like this anyways.
It is not like he can treat them the same in modern world.
And eating meat is better than eating nothing.

He went out to find for someone to ask for meat but he saw the kids carrying baskets.

"Hey. What are those?" He asks.

"Wild vegetables."

"Oh~" Andy ask them to take him where they gather wild vegetables.

There's so many mushrooms around.
But those can be more tasty when you dry them for more flavors.
He has no way of choosing taste right now. He grabs some mushroom and some leafy vegetables.
Cut the meat into fine slices and ask for small amount of salt.
Then he went to feed the patient with it.
There is nothing he can do. He tried tasting it but it is so bland.

"What is this? So tasty!"

"You are exaggerating." Andy blandly said feeling that this guy is being sarcastic.

"No! Not only did you help me survive. You even cook me something so good."
Tears fell down the guys eyes.

Andy frowns.
He walks to him and take a small sip to the food.

'No. Bland.'

"It taste so nice."

Andy ignores him and check the other patient.

"Will he lived?"

"Don't know. He will if he wants."

"Oh~~ Spirit Whisperer's words are really amazing."

'Which part?'

---

"Spirit Whisperer, thank you for saving my father. Here is a good fruit."
A boy said giving him a lemon.
He took it.

"It taste good. Have a bite." The other kid said.

He frowns.
"This is sour. And you don't bite it to eat it."

"Oh? We always bite it like this and chew chew then we spit it." The children said.

The tribe people accepted a new additional person but they are wary of him and stay away.
The only one who talks to Andy is Sulaya, the village chief, the new awakened patient and the children.

Andy doesn't mind.
He doesn't want to talk to anyone in case there will have an argument and he will be force to fight.

"You can use this to lessen the meats nasty after taste." He said with a grin.

"After taste? Nasty? Meat is tasty!" The children said.

Andy didn't explain more

"Is there more fruit like this? Go get more if they are this color. If they are green just let them there."

"Oh...There's a lot. We will get you some more spirit whisperer."

"Sure, sure."

The children runs to fetch more lemon.

"Salt...I need more salt. If I can go to Ocean I will have salt but I do not think Dinosaur will be that happy to let me go."
He frowns mumbling.

"You need salt?"

Andy jumps in fright.

"Ah! Su-Sulaya. You scared me."

"There is actually a near tribe that exchange salt with us."

Sulaya said.

"Ah...But near...I mean...Isn't it dangerous?"

"There's always a danger. Remember the river where you fell? It is connected to the ocean. The place where you jump from has an ocean."

"Ah."

"So Salt is not that of a problem."
Sulaya said.

"In all novel I read it is the biggest problem but well being near means a good thing huh." He laughs.

"There are huge dinosaurs in the ocean. They sometimes come to the surface and eat people."

Andy shudders.
"Ah....It's good thing we are far from the ocean."

Sulaya smiles at the shuddering small man.

A/N:

Lolols