Five years.

I don't know what to do. He's gone and I can't do anything but care for the only thing left of him. Our two children. The family is helping out as much as they can, but I tell them to go or give them a silly reason so I can be alone. The weight I had finally gained was gone with the little I've been eating. My wolf hasn't talked to me since that day, she either died or wishes to be.
The snow that fell outside my window would have been beautiful any other time, yet now it just dampened my mood.
"Dinners ready," Jaciel said, a maid recently hired. I only nod, before getting up from my chair and heading down the stairs.
------------------------------
Five years later.
------------------------------
"Mommy time to get up!" A little voice yelled as it landed on my stomach. It hurt a tiny bit. I played dead as the bed shifted oh so slightly beside me. Suddenly I spring up, earning some little girl screams. Soon everyone was laughing.
Rubbing my eyes I looked at the two twins. Matching out fits and their hair was close to the same length. Their eyes seemed to sparkle up at me. "Come here you two." I said with a smile, opening up my arms. They jumped into me, hugging tightly. I cuddled them close. Pulling away they looked up at me. "Time to get dressed and ready for the day. You two have plenty of studying to do before the day's end." They frowned complained a little but finally gave up and went back to their room.
In the time that had past they've grown into two energetic balls. They shifted not longer after the day, I had freaked out but the royal blood in them finally kicked in and they shifted. According to my werewolf grandparents, Royals shift not long after birth. Although they weren't sure if they would with the dominant gene of vampire.
Life though hasn't gotten easier on me though. Because my mate was the king, when he died I took full control over the vampire kingdom. With the help of my father, everything is still in tact. My wolf hasn't talk since then, so I haven't shifted in the amount of time. Everyone says she will come back when she find something that is worth protecting or the possibility of a new mate. The last one was only told because of some wolves who are either rejected or loose their mates early on are given a new mate by the moon goddess. I hope I do not get a new one though, i prefer to live my life as it is and keep him as my last and first love, even if I wish I'd done it better.
I put on some light blue jeans and loose white top, along with simple flats. I was going to go out and see how things were doing in person today while the girls worked on their studies. It's something I do at least every month, if not more then once. Walking out I walk into Hana's and Akane's bedroom to see them already working on their studies.
"Wow, without any encouragement this time, good job!" I praise them, earning proud smiles from them. I kiss their foreheads before walking back to the door. "Mommy's going to head into town today, be good, alright?" I earn quick nods before they went back. Heading out with a smile I made a walk into the town that was only a few miles away from us. It's sounds like a long walk, it is but the view is just wonderful.
As I walk in my wolf began to stir. Odd. Shaking it off I go talk to some of the shop keepers, seeing how things were going. I noticed a few were gone, I could only guess they either moved to a new town or went out of business. As the day ends I never shook off the feeling of being watched by someone. My wolf whined a few times but never answered any of my questions.
A familiar scent hung around, different from the others. Was it someone dangerous, possibly going to harm the town. My wolf growled at the thought.
'Can you blame me for thinking of such things when I have nothing else to go by?' I growled back, getting annoyed by her strange behavior.
'Stop asking and start looking.' Was all my wolf said before silence was the only thing heard on her side. Sometimes she leaves interesting riddles for me to solve on my own, yet when I look around there is no owe out of place as we walk. Everyone minding their own business as they walk in the direction they need to go. The scent hit me again, only it left a trail for my to follow. Pushing through the people my wolf began to whine as we stand in front of someone I thought I'd never see agin.
---------------------------------------
Sorry it's not that long, but I had no idea how to build up to what I have planned. Which is why this chapter took so long to write and upload. I apologize for all spelling errors, I was writing fast on my phone, and auto correct isn't the smartest thing sometimes. Thank you for all the reads, it has really gone up. I'm trying to get this chapter posted before it makes it to 14k. It's the same thing with the votes. Thank you SO much for the 300+ votes this story has gotten. The rewrite is slowly benign written, but as most of my stories is on pause write now as I figure out what I want to do. Thanks again and sorry for the song wait and long and chapter a/n.

Please vote and comment. :)

~M